anyone want a Retro coke machine for a gunsafe ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

anyone want a Retro coke machine for a gunsafe ?

Post by rentprop1 »

years ago I started stripping a Retro coke machine to be used an a gun safe, I gutted it, and carpeted the inside, I can try and more pics, and better dimensions tomorrow, my guess, its about 5.5 feet high, 32 wide and 28 or so deep, about the same as a smaller regular gun safe....

I really need to get rid of it this weekend...anyone with minor handyman skills could finish it....there is no lock, but aftermarket type padlocks are available online. Whats cool is the bottom, where the old motor used to sit, is perfect for ammo storage, once you load this thing up bottom heavy with ammo, no one would be able to move it, if you really wanted to put some time and cash into this you could leave it exposed in a den or something,....hide your guns in plain sight... no crook would waste time trying to pry it open for quarters :geek:

here is the rub, you have to come get it, it will fit in a minivan or Ford explorer, pick up truck or bring a small trailer, it probably still weights 250 lbs, I can help you load it but I really want it gone ASAP.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

It'd be great to rig the dispenser to drop a box of ammo.
Or at least drop a single round from the coin return.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

this was an old skool bottle machine, see the bottle opener on the front pannel
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

For lunch or dinner at Outback I'm willing to deliver within about 45 minutes of my location in Citrus County I'd hate to take this thing to the dump over the next couple days I know somebody would definitely like to have it in their garage for their overflow gun collection
photohause

Post by photohause »

Where's DW when you need him
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

I’ll help you dump it out at the landfill for lunch at Hardwood smokehouse....
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

....or for an empty 8mm crate and and fur hat, your choice.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

better2have&notneed wrote: Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:34 pm I’ll help you dump it out at the landfill for lunch at Hardwood smokehouse....
Text me what days off you have this week
TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

So what does it “need” besides a lock? Just being curious.
You said you stripped it, gutted and carpeted it, but I can’t really tell much from those pictures.
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

TippyRacer wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:41 pm So what does it “need” besides a lock? Just being curious.
You said you stripped it, gutted and carpeted it, but I can’t really tell much from those pictures.
nothing except a lock if you need to lock it, a gun rack and maybe a little paint, and cloth or something to cover the inside of the door where the change mechanism was......send me an e-mail rentprop1 at gmail and I'll send you what I got