24 years ago Clinton signed the AWB into law.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Miami_JBT

24 years ago Clinton signed the AWB into law.

Post by Miami_JBT »

To this day, my tastes and purchasing habits in firearms have been shaped by the AWB. Folks spend a ton of cash on fancy muzzle brakes when to me, a standard ten dollar A2 flash hider is where it is at. Bayonet lugs, folding/collapsing stocks, and mags over 10rds are important.

Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

And not a single gun was banned. And not a single life was saved by a lack of flash suppressors and bayonet lugs.
And yet the Left still crows like it was a crowning achievement.
I serious do not understand how the general population of the left can make it through the day without someone telling them to breath in and out.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Barrel shrouds are what we need to ban. Those are the real problem.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Drive By Bayoneting and Gang Bangers using Rifle Grenades. It was a scourge in the 80s.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

By the way, love your third gen S&W.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Got a couple of Daewoo’s like the one on the left. Great gun, & not many people know what they are. a GARY.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Miami_JBT wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:37 pm To this day, my tastes and purchasing habits in firearms have been shaped by the AWB. Folks spend a ton of cash on fancy muzzle brakes when to me, a standard ten dollar A2 flash hider is where it is at. Bayonet lugs, folding/collapsing stocks, and mags over 10rds are important.

No joke. Prior to the Clinton ban NOBODY wanted para stocks unless they were actually going to jump out of airplanes. We used to joke about HK slide stocks and called them "meat tenderizers", especially on .308 91/G3 models. They were heavy and really chewed up your shoulder, but once you took them away everyone had to have one.

Bayonet lugs only meant things to WWII collectors, nobody was really buying bayonets for the Colt carbines, they didn't fit anyway.

But we probably should remember Colt voluntarily neutered their rifles as early as 89 removing bayonet lugs and in some cases CAR type stocks.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Colt neutered their rifles by removing the bayonet lug, installing the receiver block, and shipping them with five round mags.
avmech

Post by avmech »

Skoll wrote: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:33 pm Barrel shrouds are what we need to ban. Those are the real problem.
That's those shoulder things that go up right? :lol:
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Fuck you Bill, the massive passage of CCW and Self Defense Laws passed cut down crime. Also the massive explosion of ownership after you signed it into law too since more law abiding bought guns.