Traffic

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

Yeah, like I mentioned in another thread, I think a lot of people have gotten to the point where they don't even want to use their ammo anymore because it's gotten so expensive and more importantly hard to find. The people that would normally be selling stuff seem to be hoarding it, and I can't really say I blame them. The current situation really does inspire a prepper mentality, at least if you've been paying attention. Regardless what happens over the next year, nobody is coming to save us.
My posts kill threads.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Spikes40 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:56 am What happened to the traffic on this board? there are like 8 guns for sale in BST... what caused this board to die?
Lucky for us, the BST forum isn't the metric that is used to decide if we're dead or alive.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

tector wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:14 pm Also, inhibiting the sale of guns: FOMO, due to political uncertainty. And I don't just mean, oh if the if the Dems get elected across the board, there will be severe gun control (maybe, maybe not). But I mean the prospect of real street violence if the Dems DON'T get elected. We all saw some of the worst rioting in US history in 2020 over some trashy street criminal croaking. If Trump gets (re)elected, I could see a total freakout by the Left, with all kinds of violence, much, much worse than 2020. I am not "predicting" it, just saying it is entirely possible. Under those conditions, the gun you could privately sell today for X might be worth 5X in November. It's like after the CAT5 with the people who have not prepared--they'll pay anything for gas, etc. Same would go for guns in this worst case scenario.

Saw Ron Paul on with Tucker recently, expressing his fear of some "Black Swan" event soon. The man has been prescient on so many things, it is hard to discount his concerns.
^^^This^^^
I too saw that interview and while RP is a bit wacky he has been right more often than nearly all politicians. His predictions get laughed at then 6 months later reported on the news as happening

The price of ammo has continued to drop but that will change. The amount of Nitrocellulose being used in Ukraine is staggering and all ammo use it. If what I read is correct China controls 30% of the world's Nitrocellulose and obviously Russia will not be supplying NATO with any and we now know most nations had a small amount of stored ammo and need to restock ASAP
It is hard to say for sure but we may be near the bottom of pricing for a good while
Look at the price of powder, it has gone nuts. I got an email from PV promoting a sale on Bullseye for only, sit down, $50.00 a pound (+ hazmat, shipping and tax) $50.00 for fookin Bullseye and guess what powder is in every round of ammo and all powder requires Nitrocellulose

Gun shows have been slow and many long time vendors have departed the Melbourne show. Can't speak to gun sales personally being I don't buy/sell guns unless it is actually something I want (Classic Sigs or K98k Mausers) but if it ain't a deal few people want to reach into their pockets

So why would FSN BST be different?
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's about the size of it.

Currently, I'm just trying to condense calibers, not doing anything "hobby" any longer.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

The board isn't about to go under.

It's just that most of the members can only talk about their "Safe Queens" for so many times before it becomes redundant and there's no point in posting up about it again.

The latest, greatest, most fantastic 1911 comes out about every 10 days now and everybody goes ga-ga over it, again.

It's another 1911. Deal with it.

Then you have the guys who buy, sell, trade, acquire and move around a lot of hardware. They don't actually USE the guns for anything, they're just trying to keep their collection updated and fresh. Looking for that perfect World War II Colt becomes more important than actually buying it.

There are plenty of people still out shooting a LOT. I see it every week in various matches around the state. Most of those guys and gals are not pounding the keyboard talking about their latest acquisition. They're out shooting it and will probably give you and honest evaluation of it if they were asked.

I'm not quite sure where I'm going with this but people are not hoarding as much as you might think. Yes, they do have a good "stash" in reserve but the rest is being used weekly for sure.

Many of us have WAY more ammunition on hand for what we will really need. I also fit that profile but I'm not hoarding it. I buy it when it's available as needed and keep the extra tucked away. The rest gets shot up on a reasonably regular basis.

So, cheer up! Things aren't as bad as they appear (or could be) and we still can go out and shoot up as much ammunition as we desire based on our own conditions.

Trying to imply that users on this board wouldn't come to a small get together because they don't want to use up their ammo is a silly extrapolation of the ongoing discussions here.

AD

jwperry

Post by jwperry »

I feel like forums in general have declined with the rise of social media groups.

As a frequent user of the BST forum, as mentioned by the boss, it is kinda a poor metric for board activities. I've met some great guys on here but the fact is we're all a bunch of cheap asses angling for a deal - if I'm going to low ball sum-dood for his gun I'm not going to do it in a community I participate in... I'll do that on FGT so I can move on from being ignored or get creative if I'm going to banter or negotiate. The inverse of that is that if I want maximum current market value, I'm not going to post it here because we're all a bunch of cheap asses 😂.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

jwperry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm we're all a bunch of cheap asses 😂.
Hey!!! I resemble that remark :lol: :? :lol:

Good to see you are still around :)
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

jwperry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm I feel like forums in general have declined with the rise of social media groups.
Most definitely.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

Wulfmann wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:09 pm
jwperry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm we're all a bunch of cheap asses 😂.
Hey!!! I resemble that remark :lol: :? :lol:

Good to see you are still around :)
Likewise! I don't head to the East Coast often anymore, otherwise I would be low balling for your Sigs you list 😁
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Legio wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:33 am
jwperry wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm I feel like forums in general have declined with the rise of social media groups.
Most definitely.
Hopefully, there will be a resurgence of "private" forums at least, given what we know about all those huge social media sites just forking over our metadata, pics, etc. to the Govt.