Trends in Gun and Ammo???

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
revelation

Trends in Gun and Ammo???

Post by revelation »

Hi Folks,
I have seen that Furor Biden has recently blocked all civilian ammo contracts at the famous Lake City plant. Also, I heard that they are possibly imposing 90 day exportation ban on U.S. made civilian weapon parts. Have you heard about this? Is it another stab at our 2nd amendment in a way I am too dunk to figure out? :D
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

The lake city thing is true. I haven't heard anything about any block in exporting parts.
George W

Post by George W »

Molivo wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:45 am The lake city thing is true. I haven't heard anything about any block in exporting parts.
I just read it today.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/mo ... department
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

George W wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:39 am
Molivo wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:45 am The lake city thing is true. I haven't heard anything about any block in exporting parts.
I just read it today.

Yeah I just saw the article myself this morning when it was coming back to say I guess it is true LOL
revelation

Post by revelation »

I just read it today.

Hey Molivo. Do you have access to see what is going on with .223/5.56 with distributors? Looks like people are panic buying probably from their trusty YouTube influencers.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

revelation wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:15 am
I just read it today.

Hey Molivo. Do you have access to see what is going on with .223/5.56 with distributors? Looks like people are panic buying probably from their trusty YouTube influencers.
Pretty much all distros are wiped out of it aside from match grade $1+ a round stuff. But I think it'll come back fairly quick.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

I'd imagine if'n you are contemplating ammo purchases, no time like the present. There's an event a little over a year away and I fully expect "crazy season" to start right after Christmas picks our pockets. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
revelation

Post by revelation »

pharmer wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:02 am I'd imagine if'n you are contemplating ammo purchases, no time like the present. There's an event a little over a year away and I fully expect "crazy season" to start right after Christmas picks our pockets. Joe
I hope that we can make it that far without an all-at-war in the Middle East!
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

I can tell you from a distributor level most mainstream distributors are out of .223 and 5.56. Everything else is still fairly available. No firearms are really unobtainable (unless they were already hard to get before the war). Interestingly enough one of the largest distributors in the country I order survival food from to sell at the store is completely wiped out.
Last edited by Molivo on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.