Gun Tab for selling firearms and related items

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
mspicer1234

Gun Tab for selling firearms and related items

Post by mspicer1234 »

Has anyone here used Gun Tab to sell or buy a firearm or related item and if so could you please share your experience with using it?

They are an escrow service for firearms as PayPal, Venmo, etc do not allow firearm related transactions. The buyer can pay for the firearm using a credit card or direct wire from a bank account, the funds are held in escrow and the seller ships the firearm to the FFL that the buyer chose. Once the shipment is delivered to the FFL the buyer has 3 days to inspect their purchase and if everything is good they notify Gun Tab to release the funds to the seller. If the buyer disagrees that the item is not right they then have to prove to Gun Tab what is wrong. If Gun Tab agrees the item is shipped back to the seller and when the seller receives it they inspect it to ensure it is in the same condition when it was sent to the buyer. If it passes inspection then the seller notifies Gun Tab to refund the buyers money.

I would like to be able to sell on places like Gun Broker; however, as an individual I only trust a USPS money order as method of payment for items not picked up locally as I don’t have the ability to accept credit card.

I know there is a 3 to 7 days delay from shipment to where the funds would be in the seller’s account due to it being an escrow service.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I used GT for the first time recently and it worked out well. I had a few issues setting it up, and their tech support got back to me quickly. You do have to link it to a bank account though. I have a bank account setup with a very low balance for these sorts of things.

It integrates pretty well with GunBroker. What happens is the seller pays you the sales tax directly with the purchase price, and shipping, and then GB bills you back for the sales tax they collect.

Overall, I would rate the experience positive.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!