Strong headlights or clueless morons?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Strong headlights or clueless morons?

Post by armedpolak »

Started working from the office again in the last few months and so I get to do more driving after dark. I noticed an incredible number of people driving with high beams on which I always thought was a no-no in city driving and traffic. At least I try to avoid it unless absolutely necessary. Only one person so far lowered their lights after I flashed mine to let them know they’re blinding me. The rest seam either unaware or simply don’t care.

Has anyone else noticed the same?

I’m live in Coral Springs and work in Fort Lauderdale, easy 7-8 mile commute.

What gives?
FFC666

Post by FFC666 »

I see this all the time. Especially when I drive out on NASA property. I know they have a lot of hogs out there but I've never seen one crossing a road.
I really hate those off road light bars that seem to be on every truck in Florida.
George W

Post by George W »

I commute a lot on the bike. When I do, I always use my high beams only because I am tired of people "not seeing" me. Aside from that, I couldn't tell you the last time I used my high beams when driving the truck.
OSD

Post by OSD »

It's the new LED headlights that are being used. They are usually anywhere from 400% to 800% brighter than regular auto headlamps.
Jim
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

My wife, & I are noticing the opposite. Tons of morons driving at night with no lights on. Their daytime running lights are on, so they thing their headlights are on. But when I come up on them from behind, no tail lamps are on. Like I said, morons. GARY.
avmech

Post by avmech »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:18 pm My wife, & I are noticing the opposite. Tons of morons driving at night with no lights on. Their daytime running lights are on, so they thing their headlights are on. But when I come up on them from behind, no tail lamps are on. Like I said, morons. GARY.
See a few every morning (3 AM) going to work. Part of the problem is some cars the instrument panels are lcd or led so essentially they are always lit so the morons think their lights are on
I found an excellent gun control law we should all follow. It's called the Second Amendment.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

N4KVE wrote:My wife, & I are noticing the opposite. Tons of morons driving at night with no lights on. Their daytime running lights are on, so they thing their headlights are on. But when I come up on them from behind, no tail lamps are on. Like I said, morons. GARY.
Yes I’ve noticed that too more so recently than in the past. Mostly on damn highways! No amount of signaling helps.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

George W wrote:I commute a lot on the bike. When I do, I always use my high beams only because I am tired of people "not seeing" me. Aside from that, I couldn't tell you the last time I used my high beams when driving the truck.
That’s perfectly understandable and I did the same when I was riding my CBR600RR. I was speaking strictly about cars. Perhaps I should have been clear. Bikes with extra lights don’t bother me since as a rider I understand the dangers.

AP

Ride safe!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

armedpolak wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:29 pm
N4KVE wrote:My wife, & I are noticing the opposite. Tons of morons driving at night with no lights on. Their daytime running lights are on, so they thing their headlights are on. But when I come up on them from behind, no tail lamps are on. Like I said, morons. GARY.
Yes I’ve noticed that too more so recently than in the past. Mostly on damn highways! No amount of signaling helps.
Yup, mostly on highways. GARY.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I drive a lot and people do it all the time because one light is messed up or has a yellow film inside the headlight so instead of fixing it they drive with high beams on also those Led lights should be a band just as blinding.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.