GunTab

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

GunTab

Post by lakelandman »

I saw this on another gun form and it had positive reviews wanted to pass it along.

Take care, Lakelandman

https://www.guntab.com/
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

I recently won an auction from a buyer with no feedback and had some concerns. We agreed to use GunTab and it was a painless process, albeit slow. The initial setup took a few days, then payment processing took another five. I paid the fees. The tracking number was entered into the GunTab site, so that it alerted me when it was received by the FFL and it started my three day inspection period. Rifle looked good, I approved, and he got his money. Safe for both. I think the fees were $30 on a $1k sale. Worth it all day.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

I've heard about it, but haven't really looked into it.

Hopefully it takes off and gains some traction. Would be a great PP alternative, and might make some GB sales a little easier for those of us who aren't setup for CC processing.
George W

Post by George W »

Ira had a similar payment system called "Pistol Pay." Sadly, it only lasted a few months.
Mohel_Knives

Post by Mohel_Knives »

We last 2 years lol and had 200,000 transactions but my partner lost interest and moved on with the $$ and we sold it. Gun tab seems to me a very similar concept.
Ira G
Mohel Knives
I know stuff and can do things

My Name is Ira and I am a 1911 addict!!
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Ira, was yours an escrow?
Mohel_Knives

Post by Mohel_Knives »

Yes sir
Ira G
Mohel Knives
I know stuff and can do things

My Name is Ira and I am a 1911 addict!!
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

So one of the things that I DIDN'T particularly like about GT was that when I selected to use my bank account versus charge card for funds, it told the recipient that the buyer chose a slow method of payment. To me it implied that I deliberately selected a slow option, versus selecting the less expensive option that happens to be slower. On the post-transaction survey, I noted this. I got an email back from GT and they actually changed the wording based on my suggestion. I am very impressed.