Did the laws change?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Did the laws change?

Post by N4KVE »

For the longest time, if someone received a conditional on the FDLE background check, they could pick up the gun in 72 hours, even if there was no detirmination yet. Of course, if it came back a refusal after the customer picked up the gun, the police would pick up the gun. Now I’m told, with the new Florida laws after Parkland, like 21 years old on handgun, & longgun, the customer who receives a conditional must wait until a detirmination is made, even if it takes 2 weeks. Can anyone confirm this? GARY.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Hard to find, but:

"Senate Bill 7026 (https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2 ... xt/er/HTML)...The bill also amends F.S. 790.0655 and revises the required waiting period before delivery of any firearm by a firearms dealer (which previously applied only to handguns). The new law
specifies that the waiting period is now three days or until the background check is completed,
whichever is later."

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/ind ... .0655.html
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Do you also have to wait if you have a CCW or is that the same?
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm Do you also have to wait if you have a CCW or is that the same?
Yes. I had this yesterday. A customer with a CCW got a conditional. She figured a 72 hour wait the most, but the guy in charge of paperwork told her she had to wait until it was approved, no matter how long that took. I wasn’t aware the rules had changed. Now I am. GARY.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

That's fucking stupid. a CCW holder has already passed all that red tape.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:20 pm
Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:25 pm Do you also have to wait if you have a CCW or is that the same?
Yes. I had this yesterday. A customer with a CCW got a conditional. She figured a 72 hour wait the most, but the guy in charge of paperwork told her she had to wait until it was approved, no matter how long that took. I wasn’t aware the rules had changed. Now I am. GARY.

yes, have to wait, I just got an approved today from a purchase back on 4/22....a lot more than 2 weeks :mrgreen: , we kept calling FDLE and they said you can NOT release the firearm until it either gets approved...
gforester

Post by gforester »

Well, so much for the BCG being "instant" no?
NICS = National Indeterminate Check System.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I'm curious how or why this wait should apply to someone with a CCW who has already been fingerprinted and vetted.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm I'm curious how or why this wait should apply to someone with a CCW who has already been fingerprinted and vetted.
because you could have easily fractioned a law or 2 from the time you got your CWP until the day you purchase a gun, think 2 yeas later :roll:

explain why a silencer purchaser ( with TRUST ) has to have a BGC at pickup, like 20 days after ATF ( FBI ) ran them ( RPQ ) for the Form 4 :shock: , WTF ( where is the hammer emoji )
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

rentprop1 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:19 pm
Skoll wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:34 pm I'm curious how or why this wait should apply to someone with a CCW who has already been fingerprinted and vetted.
because you could have easily fractioned a law or 2 from the time you got your CWP until the day you purchase a gun, think 2 yeas later :roll:

explain why a silencer purchaser ( with TRUST ) has to have a BGC at pickup, like 20 days after ATF ( FBI ) ran them ( RPQ ) for the Form 4 :shock: , WTF ( where is the hammer emoji )
The emotes are gone because the forum is a clean slate. Also using your example, wouldn't your ccw be revoked anyway for getting arrested for fuck knows whatever? I would think the most common thing in Florida is people carrying while at bars or whtnot.