Vuity eye drops

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ss1

Vuity eye drops

Post by ss1 »

I clearly remember the day when at 43, my eyes couldn't focus on the book I was reading. It was weird, the day before was fine, this day I couldn't focus close up. I was still able to see my front sight at arms length, so shooting wasn't affected at the time. By my late 40's, I couldn't shoot without wearing reading glasses. Safety glasses with cheaters didn't work because I had to tilt my head oddly up which threw everything out of whack and wearing just cheaters put everything down range out of focus. My saving grace to shooting pistols were red dots. On a whim and a little prodding from my better half, I went and saw an optomitrist and he confirmed I was a good candidate for these Vuity drops, but warned that it's success is dependent on how accustomed my eyes had become to using cheaters. It's not cheap, at over a $100 a bottle for a month, but for the first time in 10 years, I'm able to shoot iron sights without wearing cheaters. Crazy that an eye drop can fix something that nearly ruined my lifelong hobby. I'm posting this as I know I'm not the only person who's suffered through this. Give it a try.
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Did you have an RX for it or is it over the counter??
mgunner

Post by mgunner »

its a rx but it is pilocarpine that you can get 1% and should be cheaper. they made a little stronger strength and are charging too much for it
handlebar

Post by handlebar »

I had my cataracts removed and had lenses implanted. I got the lens one step down from Crystal Adaptive lenses. I can see perfectly but use cheaters to read. I shoot iron sights but also use cheaters that ONLY put the front sight in focus. My scores have gone up and it does not matter target distance. For red dot I don't need the cheaters, but I prefer irons. Try it, you may find that it works for you. I thought of the Vuity but passed for a $1.00 cheater.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

handlebar wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:37 pm I had my cataracts removed and had lenses implanted. I got the lens one step down from Crystal Adaptive lenses. I can see perfectly but use cheaters to read. I shoot iron sights but also use cheaters that ONLY put the front sight in focus. My scores have gone up and it does not matter target distance. For red dot I don't need the cheaters, but I prefer irons. Try it, you may find that it works for you. I thought of the Vuity but passed for a $1.00 cheater.

I had the same surgery.

1.0 readers let me see both sights and target YMMV.