Gun Sales By State

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

Gun Sales By State

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/th ... d=msedgntp

The trend in gun sales began to change in 2021 compared to most other years in the past decade. Gun sales, using the FBI's firearms background checks as a proxy, reached 38,876,673 in 2021. This was down slightly from the record set in 2020 of 39,695,315.

There are several theories explaining the sharp rise in gun sales over the past two years. Among them is the violence in American cities during protests. Another is that the pandemic has, perhaps irrationally, increased concerns about protecting one's property. The 2022 background checks figures show that some of these trends may have started to taper off.

Tapering off because makers and distributers are sold out?
tector

Post by tector »

Most people can only buy so many guns (FSN owners aside). I think I have only purchased 2 in the past couple of years. The margins (new buyers) usually only buy 1 or 2 guns, at least for awhile. So at some point the marker gets a bit saturated, or will.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Last gun I bought was in 2017.
And that wouldn't show on FBI stats.
JackieChan

Post by JackieChan »

Another is that the pandemic has, perhaps irrationally, increased concerns about protecting one's property

Huh?that author might be tarded