Dems would run if invaded; most others would fight

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

Dems would run if invaded; most others would fight

Post by tector »

As the world witnesses what is happening to Ukraine, Americans were asked what they would do if they were in the same position as Ukrainians are now: stay and fight or leave the country? A majority (55 percent) say they would stay and fight, while 38 percent say they would leave the country. Republicans say 68 - 25 percent and independents say 57 - 36 percent they would stay and fight, while Democrats say 52 - 40 percent they would leave the country.
https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?Releas ... uduR3eEM2Y

Of course it is very easy to be a keyboard commando, so perhaps this just reflects more self-awareness. But plainly many Democrats would be utterly hapless at fighting anything anyways. I mean, it helps to have some guns, as a start (with lots of those evil uncrippled magazines). So maybe it is all for the best.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

Where would I flee to where I wouldn't have to live as a third world refugee? Nahh, I'll take my chances as an insurgent.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

First to snitch out their neighbors.

Imagine not sticking around a bit to use all those loaded mags we have.
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

George W wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:26 pm Where would I flee to where I wouldn't have to live as a third world refugee? Nahh, I'll take my chances as an insurgent.
Exactly, what we have just witnessed with this coof nonsense, those sniveling wimps would throw their grandmothers under the bus for a crust of bread.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

So will I finally be able to burn the "Bidumb/Harris" flag waving at the top of the my neighbor's flag pole across the street when the Kommies invade?

Oh wait, the Kommies are already in-charge here. No need to Xi or Putin to invade.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

Funny thing, I am seeing a lot of Trump flags flying, but I don’t think I’ve seen one lately of Biden/Harris.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:19 pm First to snitch out their neighbors.

Imagine not sticking around a bit to use all those loaded mags we have.
Most democrats very likely would be collaborators. Those that weren't probably would holler, "Weeeeee have to do something! Here's what youuuuuu must do!"
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

mavrik wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:23 am Funny thing, I am seeing a lot of Trump flags flying, but I don’t think I’ve seen one lately of Biden/Harris.

Chigger

Post by Chigger »

More than likely those on the plus side of staying and fighting have never encountered armed conflict.
Once bullets start flying in their direction, a good percentage would flee at the first chance they get.

Afghanistan proved twice to two of the most powerful militaries in existence today that insurgency is a turd in the punch bowl and will wear you down and bankrupt your budgets.

Go back in time to our revolution and the percentage of those living here willing to fight to secure our independence vs actual residents.

People have gotten softer and would trade their freedom for a cheeseburger. Let's not fool ourselves.
tector

Post by tector »

Chigger wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:48 pm More than likely those on the plus side of staying and fighting have never encountered armed conflict.
Once bullets start flying in their direction, a good percentage would flee at the first chance they get.

Afghanistan proved twice to two of the most powerful militaries in existence today that insurgency is a turd in the punch bowl and will wear you down and bankrupt your budgets.

Go back in time to our revolution and the percentage of those living here willing to fight to secure our independence vs actual residents.

People have gotten softer and would trade their freedom for a cheeseburger. Let's not fool ourselves.
Oh I agree, hence the line in my OP: "Of course it is very easy to be a keyboard commando, so perhaps this just reflects more self-awareness."
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”