FSN fundraising/membership?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Wizard78 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:08 pm How many members do we have?
Let's start small and see what we get.
Say $10 per member to try and reach "forever" status?
Maybe like once before, members who have donated get a Star or something next to their name? :D
I've been a member since 2006 not that I have any proof other than the following sticker from here.
Sorry for the shitty pic, I just took it with ambient room lighting.
If memory serves, the members that donated had their name show up in the color green, and admins were red as they still are???
That's all well and good until the server crashes and everything gets scrubbed.

That being said, I am also in favor of donating a few bucks to keep this site up and running.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Wizard78 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:08 pm Maybe like once before, members who have donated get a Star or something next to their name? :D
I don't remember this being a thing. But it can be studied.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:12 pm If memory serves, the members that donated had their name show up in the color green, and admins were red as they still are???
That's all well and good until the server crashes and everything gets scrubbed.
Green has always been for the mods if memory serves. As for the crash, it happened only once and it was really unlucky.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Legio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:03 pm
flcracker wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:46 pm I'm thinking that we really need to get serious about financing an upgrade to the site. I'm totally ready for a fundraiser and/or membership fees.

Any chance that our site owner might be amenable to a change to a more financially sustainable business model? Industry sponsors, banner ads, etc.?
Epik has friendly hosting for us. Nobody will try to cancel us there. The bronze plan would be enough for FSN. It is $9.99 or $107.88 per year or $1438.56 for a forever plan. ( https://www.epik.com/hosting/ )
I'd like to see this site regain some semblance of its former glory - it's still the only site I belong to that I check every day for interesting posts. I can't remember when I originally joined, but it was B.C. (before crash) and at the height of Moe's reign. I remember following the separate dramas of Sharon and 305boi, if that says anything.

I'll throw this pledge out there: if we can raise $1200 toward the Forever Plan, I'll pay the $238.56 balance to make it happen.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Perhaps some kind of "charity auction".

I probably have a few things I could put up, let the proceeds go towards a permanent server solution.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Odessaman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 am I'd like to see this site regain some semblance of its former glory
what do you call former glory?
Odessaman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 am I remember following the separate dramas of Sharon and 305boi, if that says anything.
I don't miss these dramas.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

IIRC I originally joined in 2003 or '04 - SKSseven (Chris) may remember if he's still around.

I'd be happy to contribute a few $$ to make the site better.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

osprey21 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:35 pm IIRC I originally joined in 2003 or '04 - SKSseven (Chris) may remember if he's still around.

I'd be happy to contribute a few $$ to make the site better.
He still owns the site.
deathpriest

Post by deathpriest »

Just get the ball rolling, setup a gofund me, an address to send a check or something and let's see how far we get. I spend enough time here to chip in!
μολὼν λαβέ
**Infidel**
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

I joined in 2003 when I move to Plantation, FL, moved to Indio,CA in May but I still come to this site at least once a day. I'd be happy to contribute if you'll take CA money.