Just Saw Dune 2021, Don't Bother

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
GreyShark

Just Saw Dune 2021, Don't Bother

Post by GreyShark »

I just saw this, as much as I could stomach anyway, I walked out halfway through. I like Dune and this is not Dune, it's woke Marxist deconstruction garbage. Like all such content it isn't just regressive propaganda, it's also poorly written. I'm not even talking about plot and character development here I'm saying even the spoken lines are awkwardly phrased. The good news is it doesn't look like its on track to make much money, the sooner all the big propaganda houses go under or are at least forced to change their tune the better.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I hate preachy movies trying to hammer a social message, but honestly, the book which I read as a teenager in the early 80’s came across as very “jihadish” as the evil empire stuck it to the good guys and stuck it even further to the “peasants”. That said, I did enjoy the book and was a fan of the first screen play adaptation. Hated the made for TV adaptation. Just finished this one and it was pretty true to the book IMHO. Was going into it thinking it was going to be garbage as it was only 2 1/2 hours long but didn’t realize it was only the first part of the book. I like Villeneuve as a director as Sicario is one of my favorite “modern” movies. I did have to turn up my audio up a lot to hear some of the dialogue at times and having rewind is a huge plus that you don’t have in the theaters. Anyway, I am hoping they get to finish the book in a part 2 but obviously your mileage may vary.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I have not seen ANY movies in the last year that I could stomach with the Holliweak Kommies pushing their lefty agenda down our throats. I guess they still make enough $ with all the Kommie believers out there that pay to watch their crap.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

It was a really slow movie that only got interesting at the very end. Will definitely be continued if it makes enough money to justify, but I won't watch part 2 unless it's free...
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I liked the movie best one out in a while not even close to woke I would recommend it to anyone.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Flame Red wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:46 am I have not seen ANY movies in the last year that I could stomach with the Holliweak Kommies pushing their lefty agenda down our throats. I guess they still make enough $ with all the Kommie believers out there that pay to watch their crap.
I watch movies from time to time, but I have not paid to see one in a very long time. Hollywood ain't making money with me. Plus, most of the time, I am not really entertained.