Biden to use executive orders for "gun control"?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

Biden to use executive orders for "gun control"?

Post by tector »

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/0 ... ive-order/

>>White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki told reporters on Tuesday that President Joe Biden has not ruled out using executive orders for gun control.

When asked if Biden still intended to use executive action on gun control – a vow made during his campaign – Psaki responded, “The president has a range of actions at his disposal … he hasn’t ruled out either of those options.”<<
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

And, I fart in both their directions.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Why not, Obama tried it. It didn't work for him either.

Jeff

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I don't see the need with the a$$wipes in Kongress will just approve whatever legislation he wants. And I include the Rinos. Makes it nice and legal. Forget about that archaic old relic, the Constitution. :roll:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
George W

Post by George W »

He will go after "non-sporting" ammo imports via EO. He will do do similar with ammo components. This will set us back at least 3 additional years with zero inventory keeping people on their heels until they can ram other crap through congress.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

You may have spotted their strategy. If they rammed through a lot of crazy stuff, it might affect them in the 2022 election. But, a few "shooting events" and some propaganda might help them, and then they hit the guns. Actually, I've been wondering why they have been somewhat quiet on that, at least not doing all they claimed they would do in the "first few days" I tend to "watch the market" in a few contexts, to benefit from the collective mind, and haven't seen the extreme runup in the general firearm prices. Sure, there are those who have the extreme prices listed, but those are outliers. Some may want $1, 000 for a Glock, and some panicked newbie may pay it, but I still can buy one for $600.: maybe more than the old normal, but not a wild general capitulation to the upside. But, powder and primers are another matter, so your idea is mirrored by the general knowledge of the hive mind.
George W

Post by George W »

In my completely unscientific analysis of gun shops in my area, inventory of guns is getting much better with prices coming down. Maybe it is the calm before the tax refund storm. Ammo, on the other hand is still in the shitter and relegates most gun shops to being paperweight sales. Even Bass Pro has customers lining up well before the store opens to draw a number allowing them first shot at whatever ammo came in the day before.
tector

Post by tector »

George wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 pm In my completely unscientific analysis of gun shops in my area, inventory of guns is getting much better with prices coming down. Maybe it is the calm before the tax refund storm. Ammo, on the other hand is still in the shitter and relegates most gun shops to being paperweight sales. Even Bass Pro has customers lining up well before the store opens to draw a number allowing them first shot at whatever ammo came in the day before.
More guns sold, more demand for ammo. It could be awhile. Also, regulating ammo sales is less of a direct 2A issue in some minds (not mine).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

tector wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:30 pm
George wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:00 pm In my completely unscientific analysis of gun shops in my area, inventory of guns is getting much better with prices coming down. Maybe it is the calm before the tax refund storm. Ammo, on the other hand is still in the shitter and relegates most gun shops to being paperweight sales. Even Bass Pro has customers lining up well before the store opens to draw a number allowing them first shot at whatever ammo came in the day before.
More guns sold, more demand for ammo. It could be awhile. Also, regulating ammo sales is less of a direct 2A issue in some minds (not mine).
The ammo game will become (after supply and actual consumer demand equilibrium) an attempt at an end run around the 2A.
tector

Post by tector »

REDinFL wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:05 pm
tector wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:30 pm
The ammo game will become (after supply and actual consumer demand equilibrium) an attempt at an end run around the 2A.
Yep. "Any crazy can buy ammo by mail!!" There will be a push for background checks on ammo generally.