Legality of shipping a long gun in state

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Do you really think a package going from WPB to FT. Myers will go through another state? What if I travel from WPB to Atlanta with a checked handgun, but due to bad weather the plane lands in NYC. OOPS. GARY.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 pm Do you really think a package going from WPB to FT. Myers will go through another state? What if I travel from WPB to Atlanta with a checked handgun, but due to bad weather the plane lands in NYC. OOPS. GARY.
Just an aside, while Gary is being sarcastic, NYC WILL arrest you even if you have a layover there and have a checked firearm. They've done it before even though it's against Federal law and there are several lawsuits pending last time I read up on it.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 pm Do you really think a package going from WPB to FT. Myers will go through another state?
Send it FedEx Express and it will go through Memphis.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

zeebaron wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:15 am
N4KVE wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:29 pm Do you really think a package going from WPB to FT. Myers will go through another state?
Send it FedEx Express and it will go through Memphis.
Actually I asked our FEDEX driver, & he said no. It will stay in state. But WPB to Atlanta, or NYC, or any city in any other state will go through Memphis. GARY.