Wrong House, Mo-Fo's...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Wrong House, Mo-Fo's...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/ ... story.html

(Be sure to un-mute sound when watching vid)...

Video Shows Chaotic Scene Before Daylight Home Invasion, Armed Robbery Attempt in Arlington Heights

By KAREN ANN CULLOTTA
PIONEER PRESS |
APR 09, 2020 | 5:54 PM

Warning: Graphic language. Home surveillance video shows a home invasion incident in Arlington Heights on April 4, 2020. (Arlington Heights Police Department)

A doorbell video of a shocking daylight home invasion in Arlington Heights released by police Thursday shows a chaotic scene before the attempted robbery ended with a homeowner fatally shooting one of the intruders.

The Ring doorbell video begins with two men, identified by police as Bradley J. Finnan, 38, of Chattanooga, Tenn., and Larry D. Brodacz, 58, of Buffalo Grove, approaching the front door of the manicured two-story home in the 2400 block of Evergreen Avenue, with the duo wearing baseball caps, surgical-style masks and gloves.

The pair had plotted a robbery at the house to sync with the state’s stay-at-home order issued by Gov. J.B. Pritzker to help prevent the spread of the new coronavirus, authorities said.

A man authorities say was determined to be Brodacz can be seen in the video trying the doorknob, knocking, then seeing the Ring camera and warning the other man, determined to be Finnan, not to look at the camera. The man police identified as Brodacz then rings the doorbell.

The video shows the two men entering the home and shouting out a greeting, after which the scene soon turns to mayhem, with screams and expletives heard from inside.

Within seconds, a man authorities say is Finnan can be seen on the video being chased out the door by the male homeowner. A struggle ensues between the two men in front of the home.

The incident took place around 2 p.m. Saturday afternoon, and landscapers are visible in the video looking over and calling out. Soon afterward, the man authorities said has been identified as Finnan runs away.

The video ends when the homeowner rushes back into the house.

According to police, the homeowner said he heard a knock on the door and assumed it was his landscapers. He told authorities that when he answered the door, two men pushed their way inside the house, where his wife and two children were inside.

Authorities said that after a confrontation, Brodacz was shot and killed by the male homeowner with his wife’s gun.

The Cook County medical examiner’s office later ruled the death a homicide, and Finnan, found early Sunday morning in Rockford, has been charged with felony murder and home invasion.

According to police, Finnan said he and Brodacz met through their shared profession as car salesmen. Finnan reportedly told authorities that Brodacz had claimed to have seen about $200,000 in cash in boxes in the Arlington Heights home about 20 years ago and thought money might still be there.

Finnan was ordered held in Cook County Jail without bail following a bond hearing Tuesday at the courthouse in Rolling Meadows.

Under Illinois’ felony murder law, charges can be filed when someone is killed during the course of a crime even if the death was caused by someone else and the person charged with murder did not intend for the person to die.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

WOW :shock: idoits will be idoits. Kicked butt in video.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
joker223

Post by joker223 »

Just asking for directions......
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

joker223 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:38 pm Just asking for directions......
...or looking for their dog. :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I would have never opened the door if you don't know who your lawn people are that's on you.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I see my lawn guy in the mirror. When I forget who he is, my wife will make him a name tag.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Well, at least they charged the other BG with Felony Murder and not the homeowner....

But yeah... my door does not open unless I know the person.... or are expecting someone.
Pissed Off Patriot

Post by Pissed Off Patriot »

I do my own.

Get off my lawn!
TippyRacer

Post by TippyRacer »

Did everyone seem to miss this part?
Finnan said he and Brodacz met through their shared profession as car salesmen.
As if further proof is needed about the scumbags in that profession :!:
I know nothing, and I can prove it.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I like a story with a good ending

:D