Got an Eviction Notice. Recommend me an attorney

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Whoutink

Got an Eviction Notice. Recommend me an attorney

Post by Whoutink »

Got the eviction notice today. It's total B.S. and I'm going to fight it. I've got until Tuesday to reply to the clerk. I'd like a professional to guide me in that process.

Whether it goes To trial or not, I am one hundred percent sure I'm in the right, and will not be backing down.

I'm just asking for recommendations of an attorney in the Pinellas Park 33781 area that doesn't cost to much. I
think Rent might know a few. Whatcha got?
Last edited by Whoutink on Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSUnoles

Post by FSUnoles »

Why not just leave and find a new place?
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

He's been an Ahole the whole time we've lived here, and he is wrong. I'd like this not too show up on my credit also. My credit is bag enough as it is. I do plan on leaving but this needs to be done first.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Evictions do not appear on credit reports.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
gforester

Post by gforester »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:30 am Evictions do not appear on credit reports.
But they do show up in court records and can be found easily. A property owner will check for evictions before renting or leasing a house or apartment. Having no evictions on a background check greatly increases your chance of finding an affordable rental. Having an eviction on your record will significantly decrease your chances of finding affordable housing. Looking at court records for evictions is the FIRST thing I check for when I have an applicant for one of my rentals.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

gforester wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:30 am Evictions do not appear on credit reports.
But they do show up in court records and can be found easily. A property owner will check for evictions before renting or leasing a house or apartment. Having no evictions on a background check greatly increases your chance of finding an affordable rental. Having an eviction on your record will significantly decrease your chances of finding affordable housing. Looking at court records for evictions is the FIRST thing I check for when I have an applicant for one of my rentals.
He said "credit report". As the eviction case has already been filed, it's now discoverable in a background check. The horse is out of the barn...
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

I just don't know how it works, but like you just said its going to affect my future. So I'd like to win this case before I try to find a new place, because this situation is only gong to make finding a new rental significantly more difficult
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

[youtube]SIdxVR_7ikg[/youtube]
boomboom

Post by boomboom »

Our HOA does credit checks on prospective renters, evictions, credit card charge offs, loan defaults, and delinquent payments are all shown.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

boomboom wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:36 am
Our HOA does credit checks on prospective renters, evictions, credit card charge offs, loan defaults, and delinquent payments are all shown.
That's a background check most likely provided by a tenant-screening agency. A credit report does not contain evictions, unless there is a money judgment involved (and the landlord or court reports it to the credit reporting agency).