Gmountain's BROTHER now also passed...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

MadMan wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:02 am Someone may have crossed a reclaimed water line (purple) with a potable water line (irrigation guy) It may not be 100%, just siphoning off it.
Could be produce and veggies...gotta go? take a squat!
Could be the unintended consequence of illegal aliens coming to work our fields, mow our lawns and work in our restaurants.

I'll say one thing, their social circle(and neighbors) couldn't have been that large. It shouldn't be too hard to track down. Now, will they divulge it?
Irrigation system maintained by "handyman" without proper procedures/back-flow preventer installed would do it.

I think it takes some time to track down the source (unless it's an "a-ha" thing).

Once they ID the source, then they have to test, test, test. If it is a restaurant or grocery store, they're immediately doomed. If it were a big (read: $$$) chain like "Pubics", I would imagine there'd be some hush-hush involved.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
tector

Post by tector »

When I separated from my first wife, I moved in with a guy I knew from school. He got caught up in a big Hep A outbreak from a sandwich place in Coconut Grove. That was the end of them.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-xp ... story.html
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I actually had it back in 68.

No one else around me came down with it so they figured I must have picked it up at a Black Sabbath concert a few weeks before.

I was one sick boy, yellow skin and eyes NO energy, flu like symptoms and worse of all a 24/7 itch over my whole body that like to drove me crazy.

I never came close to dying though and after a couple weeks in bed I started perking up and eventually got back to normal.

I remember a minor epidemic of it a year or so later that hit a few of my friends but no one died from it.

There may be more to this than we are hearing about in the news.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:04 pm I don't think HepA could've killed him that quickly. Coincidence?

Nonetheless, more fodder for the conspiracy theorists.

I'm still betting on reclaimed water used for irrigation. Not sure if it's used in that community, but it is in mine and smells like doo-doo.
I was just thinking that also. People live with different forms of hepatitis for years before they even findout they have it. It's not a catch it and your dead in a matter of a week or two. We as Firefighter PARAMEDICs were immunized against hep a and b and were very very familiar with these illness.

They only way it could kill a person that quickly is if they had severe liver problems in the first place. The odds of that happening to two people at the same exact moment in time. Well that's darn near impossible. Now understand they both may have had hep a but to died from it is rare. For two people in the same house to died at the same exact time no darn way.

Some of these idiots today in labs are just that idiots. I'm not saying there's a conspiracy theory going on. But there could be a respect for the family thing happening as far as what information is being released.

I met him once many years ago at a shoot at Manatee. He a few of his friends came in an RV. If that was him. He was an extremely nice gentleman.

But to say or even insinuate that this man and his wife both died of HEPATITIS A at the same exact time in a matter of a few weeks is absolutely ridiculous and totally unbelievable. I had never ever heard of this. If it was going to happen SUN CITY CENTER FLORIDA would have been the one spot it'd happen at.

Yes we had people died from complications HEP C, but everyone in the house died at the same time. Use common sense here. Yes it can make you sick. But how do you die from a hepatitis A infection? ... People who die from a hepatitis A infection usually have an underlying liver disease, such as an infection with the virus hepatitis B or C, or alcoholic liver disease, that already caused damage to their liver.

The death rate in AMERICA is 0.3%-0.6% and guess what those numbers include. Uh come on....they come here illegally and are CRIMINALS.

I do not in no way believe that these two people died at the same time from HEP A unless they meet the criteria listed below. Even then to die at the exact same time NOPE IT'S NOT HAPPENING. YOUR ODDS OF WINNING A LOTTERY IS BETTER.

Here's a easy to link about hep A plus excerpts from link at the CDC

What is hepatitis?

Hepatitis means inflammation of the liver. When the liver is inflamed or damaged, its function can be affected. Heavy alcohol use, toxins, some medications, and certain medical conditions can cause hepatitis but a virus often causes hepatitis. In the United States, the most common hepatitis viruses are hepatitis A virus, hepatitis B virus, and hepatitis C virus.

What is hepatitis A?

Hepatitis A is a highly contagious liver infection caused by the hepatitis A virus. It can range from a mild illness lasting a few weeks to a severe illness lasting several months. Although rare, hepatitis A can cause death in some people. Hepatitis A usually spreads when a person unknowingly ingests the virus from objects, food, or drinks contaminated by small, undetected amounts of stool from an infected person.

What is the difference between hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C?

Hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C are liver infections caused by three different viruses. Although each can cause similar symptoms, they have different modes of transmission and can affect the liver differently. Hepatitis A is usually a short-term infection and does not become chronic. Hepatitis B and hepatitis C can also begin as short-term, acute infections, but in some people, the virus remains in the body, resulting in chronic disease and long-term liver problems. There are vaccines to prevent hepatitis A and hepatitis B; however, there is no vaccine for hepatitis C.

The page “What is hepatitis?” provides more information about the differences between hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C.

How serious is hepatitis A?

Most people who get hepatitis A feel sick for several weeks, but they usually recover completely and do not have lasting liver damage. In rare cases, hepatitis A can cause liver failure and death; this is more common in people older than 50 and in people with other liver diseases.

How common is hepatitis A in the United States?

In 2016, there were an estimated 4,000 hepatitis A cases in the United States. Hepatitis A rates have declined by more than 95% since the hepatitis A vaccine first became available in 1995.

Transmission / Exposure

How is hepatitis A spread?

Hepatitis A usually spreads when a person unknowingly ingests the virus from objects, food, or drinks contaminated by small, undetected amounts of stool from an infected person. Hepatitis A can also spread from close personal contact with an infected person such as through sex or caring for someone who is ill.

Contamination of food (this can include frozen and undercooked food) by hepatitis A can happen at any point: growing, harvesting, processing, handling, and even after cooking. Contamination of food or water is more likely to occur in countries where hepatitis A is common and in areas where there are poor sanitary conditions or poor personal hygiene. In the United States, chlorination of water kills hepatitis A virus that enters the water supply. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) routinely monitors natural bodies of water used for recreation for fecal contamination so there is no need for monitoring for hepatitis A virus specifically.

Who is at risk for hepatitis A?

Although anyone can get hepatitis A, in the United States, certain groups of people are at higher risk, such as:

People with direct contact with someone who has hepatitis A Travelers to countries where hepatitis A is common Men who have sexual contact with men People who use drugs, both injection and non-injection drugs Household members or caregivers of a recent adoptee from countries where hepatitis A is common People with clotting factor disorders, such as hemophilia People working with nonhuman primates

https://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/hav/afaq.htm

I never ever eat at salad bars when we go out. Because people sneeze, touch the food and everything else. Plus when you see a truck load of illegal Mexicans come in. I'm not berating all Mexicans. But most of these illegals have zero hygiene habits. Watch them next time you go to a restraunt with open food bars. I've seen them changing baby diapers in the parking lot and come in go to the food bars. No hand washing. Go to leave and they thrown the diaper on the ground next to their truck.

There are some nasty people out there both white, black, brown ect....Golden Coral forget that. But hey I could I've had immunization shots for about everything. I even had the small pox shot again. Plus god knows what in the ARMY. I know from what I can read one was for the plague. :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

/\
¡
¡

Yup. I call bull shit. No way in hell.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

There's something rotten in Denmark!