Things to do in Seattle....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
neverenoughguns

Things to do in Seattle....

Post by neverenoughguns »

Visiting Seattle this year and looking for suggestions. Mariners game, Boeing factory tour are on the list.
screenerglenn

Post by screenerglenn »

Fish market, watch out for flying fish
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

You could do the "Space needle," but that is kinda touristy....
neverenoughguns

screenerglenn wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:31 pm Fish market, watch out for flying fish
On our list.... is it a one hour thing or more? Trying to plan our trip out. Thanks!
neverenoughguns

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 pm You could do the "Space needle," but that is kinda touristy....
Touristy but it is included in our attraction coupon books so we will probably go. I don’t have high expectations of the needle though. Should be a nice view though.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Museum of Science Fiction before dinner at the Space Needle. Pikes Place Market (Fish Market) can be several hours depending on the shops you hit, stop at Daily Dozen for mini-donuts while there.

Bus tour to Snoqualmie is a day of fun, check out the Northridge Troll. If you like sushi, check Mashiko's (sushiwhore.com) for the best in the US.

Rock Bottom for local beer, Pink Door (not the Red Door!) for dinner, Pioneer Square and Underground Seattle for history.

Most of these are in walking distance of downtown but, being from Florida, realize that the altitude change from Pikes Place bottom floor to the Rock Bottom, maybe a mile apart, is greater than the entire altitude change from lowest to highest point in Florida. :)

Enjoy.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

screenerglenn

Post by screenerglenn »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm
screenerglenn wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:31 pm Fish market, watch out for flying fish
On our list.... is it a one hour thing or more? Trying to plan our trip out. Thanks!
Last time I was there it was going on most of the day
neverenoughguns

screenerglenn wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:42 pm
neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:12 pm
Last time I was there it was going on most of the day
What I meant was can you see the fish market in an hour or should we budget longer?
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:14 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 pm You could do the "Space needle," but that is kinda touristy....
Touristy but it is included in our attraction coupon books so we will probably go. I don’t have high expectations of the needle though. Should be a nice view though.
The revolving restaurant is pretty good, actually. I ate there once. I'd stay away from the deserts, though... a tad on the "juvenile" side (donuts with M & M's or something liket hat)... BTW, the restaurant itself doesn't rotate. It's just a platform and the edge of the floor (where all the tables are) that rotates. The center of the floor remains stationary.

Oh, one more thing. There are a lot of stores that sell clothing souvenirs (T-shirts, sweat jackets, hoddies, etc.). In fact, some will do "iron on" pressed patch letters and designs on the back (if you want to get one for someone else). Whatever you do, if you're looking to get one for a young child, don't tell the operator it's for a young child. Tell them it's for an adult. Otherwise, they may refuse to do it. They consider any garment with a child's name on it a security risk for the child (i.e. "kidnapping" etc.). Just tell them it's for an adult.