So frustrated with Taurus

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

About six weeks now and it hasn't came back from repair...
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

With one exception I've had good experiences with Taurus overall. However, their CS does a good job of shooting the company in the foot. In order to turn the corner they need to step it up in this area.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

Well, I got the Taurus back from the shop in January. Overlooked taking it to the range to function test since the repair. It came back very dirty and the cylinder and trigger had a very gritty feel, but the cylinder did rotate now which is better than before. Today I cleaned it up before going to the range, but for some reason I couldn't get the grittiness to smooth out. I ended up shooting a box of 50 38 special and a box of 357 hollow points out of it today. After about 20 rounds of 38 the grittiness went away, don't know why, maybe the blowby lubed it or removed whatever it was caused by? It fired everything I put in it, but while shooting the 357's a bit of lead I presume stung my face twice. I kinda have a feeling that they increased the the gap between the cylinder and forcing cone to fix the issue it was having prior with the cylinder hanging up. Not 100% sure of this though because they didn't state what they did to fix it. Right now I'm not yet sure if it's going to be reliable enough for carry or if the timing or gap has an issue causing the sting on my face... Guess I'll have to shoot a few hundred more rounds to see how this works out. I keep telling myself this is a tiny gun shooting 357 mags and maybe an occasional lead sting is the byproduct(it only happened twice). On the fence about this being a keeper or not.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Outgunu wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 7:53 pm Well, I got the Taurus back from the shop in January. Overlooked taking it to the range to function test since the repair. It came back very dirty and the cylinder and trigger had a very gritty feel, but the cylinder did rotate now which is better than before. Today I cleaned it up before going to the range, but for some reason I couldn't get the grittiness to smooth out. I ended up shooting a box of 50 38 special and a box of 357 hollow points out of it today. After about 20 rounds of 38 the grittiness went away, don't know why, maybe the blowby lubed it or removed whatever it was caused by? It fired everything I put in it, but while shooting the 357's a bit of lead I presume stung my face twice. I kinda have a feeling that they increased the the gap between the cylinder and forcing cone to fix the issue it was having prior with the cylinder hanging up. Not 100% sure of this though because they didn't state what they did to fix it. Right now I'm not yet sure if it's going to be reliable enough for carry or if the timing or gap has an issue causing the sting on my face... Guess I'll have to shoot a few hundred more rounds to see how this works out. I keep telling myself this is a tiny gun shooting 357 mags and maybe an occasional lead sting is the byproduct(it only happened twice). On the fence about this being a keeper or not.
I feel your concern. It can really give you pause when an issue arises with a firearm. You've got a good plan to give it further testing and see how it performs.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us