So frustrated with Taurus

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

You guys obviously never experienced the horror of 1st generation Taurus handguns from the 70's.

Today's problems pale in comparison.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

TC6969 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:53 pm You guys obviously never experienced the horror of 1st generation Taurus handguns from the 70's.

Today's problems pale in comparison.
None of what you stated makes since.

For one, in the 1970s, Taurus wasn't Taurus, they were Bangor Punta (ie, S&W).

In 1962, the Bangor Punta Corporation, then the parent company of Smith & Wesson, purchased 87 percent of Forjas Taurus, allowing the two firearms manufacturers to easily share information regarding design and manufacturing. In 1977, Taurus was purchased from Bangor Punta by its current owners, and its ties to Smith & Wesson were severed.

S&W and Taurus were sister companies and S&W took some ideas from Taurus and Taurus took some ideas from S&W. They traded designs, manufacturing techniques, etc.... the purpose of the purchase of Taurus by Bangor Punta was to increase S&W's sales into Latin America. Not to bring Taurus products into the US>

Also, Taurus didn't manufacture automatics until the 1980s, the first being the Model PT92.

In 1974, the Ministério da Defesa Brasileiro (Brazilian Ministry of Defense) awarded Fabbrica d’Armi Pietro Beretta the contract for their new 9x19mm service pistol, the Model 92. Part of that contract stipulated that Beretta build a factory in the country and hire Brazilians to manufacture the firearms, so that is exactly what happened.

Beretta set up a factory in São Paulo, Brazil and began to crank out Model 92 pistols for the Brazilian Army. In 1980, the contract expired and Beretta was left with a decision. Do they continue to make Model 92 pistols in Brazil or shutter the plant? Beretta went with a third option; they sold the entire package to Forjas Taurus S/A lock, stock, and barrel.

Taurus didn't even establish US operations until 1982 when they opened their HQ in Miami, FL.

It seems you really don't know what you're talking about.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:27 pm
Boy do I feel stupid!

I must have been hallucinating when I bought that heavy barrel model 10 lookalike in early 70's that plainly said TAURUS in several places.

it was a total piece of shit, with soft steel and timing issues that had to be seen to be believed!

https://taurusarmsamerica.com/
TAURUS REVOLVERS

The Taurus Model 38101SO was the company’s first entry into the revolver market in 1941 and in 1968, Taurus began importing revolvers to the U.S. market.

In 1971 a majority stake in Taurus was purchased by the parent company of Smith & Wesson, which lead to the two firearms manufacturers sharing design and manufacturing details up until they split in 1977 when Taurus was sold to its current owners.
George W

Post by George W »

TC6969 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:20 pm
Boy do I feel stupid!
He can't help it. It's how he is, but also wonders why so few will stand with him at his "rallies." :D
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Boy do I feel stupid!

I must have been hallucinating when I bought that heavy barrel model 10 lookalike in early 70's that plainly said TAURUS in several places.

it was a total piece of shit, with soft steel and timing issues that had to be seen to be believed!

https://taurusarmsamerica.com/
TAURUS REVOLVERS

The Taurus Model 38101SO was the company’s first entry into the revolver market in 1941 and in 1968, Taurus began importing revolvers to the U.S. market.

In 1971 a majority stake in Taurus was purchased by the parent company of Smith & Wesson, which lead to the two firearms manufacturers sharing design and manufacturing details up until they split in 1977 when Taurus was sold to its current owners.
Bangor Punta, not Taurus.... Taurus didn't start American operations until 1982 and their first automatic was the PT92.

What you bought was a Bangor Punta made S&W Model 10 sold under the Taurus name.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George W wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:46 pm
Boy do I feel stupid!
He can't help it. It's how he is, but also wonders why so few will stand with him at his "rallies." :D
Still getting more done than you. ;)
George W

Post by George W »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:04 pm
Debatable as you've done nothing. Even yet, I can still look in the mirror and not see a fraud.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George W wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:14 pm
Debatable as you've done nothing. Even yet, I can still look in the mirror and not see a fraud.
LOL
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

George W wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 7:14 pm
:lol:
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Well, this went to shit quickly