TOMORROW is the deadline to oppose ATF proposed rule change

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:53 pm “ATF has proposed a "rule change" to "clarify" what Congress meant by "engaged in the business" of selling firearms. If implemented and enforced as written, persons who sell a single gun (or even demonstrate a "willingness" to sell a gun) in a private transaction could be presumed to be "in the business" of selling firearms and be required to have an FFL. This is unadulterated horseshit, pure and simple”.

I asked the ATF guys at the WPB show yesterday if this was true. One guy laughed so hard I thought he was going to choke on his lunch. Like others have mentioned, he said it’s about the guys who sell “their personal collection” week after week year, after year. And if that was going to be what they are planning to do, why would he deny it? Wouldn’t he just say that’s how it’ll be in the future? GARY.
Oh, sure. And straw sales weren't about a guy who isn't a prohibited party having his nephew buy him a Glock on a law enforcement discount until it was.

I'm in the process of liquidating most of my private collection, and probably going to need a license to do it. Because it's just enough that I could be mistaken for a guy who's trying to make a profit.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

It's just vague enough to make room for the "The law is what I say it is" gang.

I've already liquidated all my collector stuff, and have one 9mm pistol and ammo to go. Just keeping a few practical items.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Casual

Post by Casual »

wjbarricklow wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:24 am
N4KVE wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:53 pm “ATF has proposed a "rule change" to "clarify" what Congress meant by "engaged in the business" of selling firearms. If implemented and enforced as written, persons who sell a single gun (or even demonstrate a "willingness" to sell a gun) in a private transaction could be presumed to be "in the business" of selling firearms and be required to have an FFL. This is unadulterated horseshit, pure and simple”.

I asked the ATF guys at the WPB show yesterday if this was true. One guy laughed so hard I thought he was going to choke on his lunch. Like others have mentioned, he said it’s about the guys who sell “their personal collection” week after week year, after year. And if that was going to be what they are planning to do, why would he deny it? Wouldn’t he just say that’s how it’ll be in the future? GARY.
Oh, sure. And straw sales weren't about a guy who isn't a prohibited party having his nephew buy him a Glock on a law enforcement discount until it was.

I'm in the process of liquidating most of my private collection, and probably going to need a license to do it. Because it's just enough that I could be mistaken for a guy who's trying to make a profit.
Sell everything for a .01 penny, and one item at total value?
50 losses and 1 major profit
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Joe Stalin and his henchman Lavrentiy Beria "Show me the man, and I will show you the crime" and off to the gulag they will go without trial.

Joe Bidumb and his henchman Merrick Garland "Show me the man, and I will make up the crime" and off to the solitary they will go without trial.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

Casual wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:04 pm
wjbarricklow wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:24 am

Sell everything for a .01 penny, and one item at total value?
50 losses and 1 major profit
If you do, I'll take all the .01 guns ... :lol: