Lonely

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Casual

Post by Casual »

osprey21 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:56 pm loI... I got "Moe'd" a couple of times!
I think I put Moe's name tag on a bulletproof vest and we shot the shit out of it
Casual

Post by Casual »

I have pics and video from preachers shoot, Manatee's area 51 and Aries Range organized shoots.

Rent and I did a MG shoot at Hernando that was fun too... still kicking myself in the ass for not buying the Boys anti tank rifle rechambered in .50 bmg for 1200$
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

That was you & me with the Moe sticker,LOL
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I was at the Roads End Range shoot the day the cops showed up about three times due to the Tannerite rattling some old gal's china a mile or so away. :lol:

IIRC the Polk Co. politico's closed the range down a short time later.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

osprey21 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:58 pm I was at the Roads End Range shoot the day the cops showed up about three times due to the Tannerite rattling some old gal's china a mile or so away. :lol:

IIRC the Polk Co. politico's closed the range down a short time later.
I remember that. I had to leave early and missed most of it.
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

The folks here gave me shooting experiences hard for folks to believe, who weren't there.... including shooting from a helicopter !!!

I will always be very grateful for the generosity shown me
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Miami_JBT wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:27 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 6:43 am Where did everybody go?
:(
Forums are outdated relics of a bygone era of web 1.0 internet. Back then, the internet was a space where people collectively got together to allow the free-flow of information and ideas. People created their own personal websites and communities. Those days are long over. Everything has been commercialized and shifted towards giant social media platforms like Facebook, Tiktok, etc. Also, you have the general buyout of older forums themselves by larger corporate entities. Lastly, a lot of what made web 1.0 work, those folks are dead or dying. Websites, servers, forums, etcetera cost money and time. Hell, geo-cities went the way of the dodo bird a while back and everything built on that just disappeared into the ether of digital nothingness.

The ability of going on a search engine and typing in "GLOCK vs Beretta" or "Florida gun rights" and getting nothing but forum hits is not happening anymore. Now it is all AI generated for-profit pages that pop up with worthless click-bait.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
Web 2.0 sucks donkey balls though. For the simple fact that there is no object permanence (by design). Go into r/guns (or any other sub) and try to search for anything you previously read. As I said, I think it's by design. Noobs get to keep posting the same old questions and then sift through the same old half truths and fudd lore, while accurate info gets down-voted to oblivion because "some youtuber said it was wrong ". But those posts still count toward user and engagement numbers, so reddit et al have no reason to make search easier or create a system that rewards accuracy.

All that is to say: I think the death of forums was caused by all the long time members jumping on noobs for not using the search function before asking questions. We all got too cliquey, and drove away all the fresh meat. Sniper's hide is about the only general forum that is still lively, but Frank commercialized the hell out of that place. Cast Boolits is still very active, but that's a specific kind of crowd.
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.