Trends in Gun and Ammo???

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

For everyone's info.

Still seeing 5.56 and .223 availability at Ammoman and Midway. A quick random check on Ammoman shows low stock amounts, though. Didn't look further as I don't have a 5.56 rifle, just passing along.

The survival food shortage doesn't surprise me, though. A lot of websites have been hollering about food shortages coming; I don't know how valid or not. And, no, I don't want to make this site into a hysterical, nutter site.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Rather than hysterical nutter, informed and educated is better and someone like Matt who is in the know helps with the dog and pony shows from utubers trying to produce click bait.

Like anything buy when its cheap and plentiful but that's not how most humans react. Just bought my grandson a 5.56 bolt gun cause he wants to learn accurate shooting, not interested in spray and pray. I've been able to pass on tips from my grandad about saving ammo and hitting what you aim at.
Somethings are timeless and never fade especially with youngsters who are used to having excess at their command.
I was trying to put together a shoot with a group of about 30 friends, but high cost and low count food for the AR's leaves that for the future.

On the other hand PCC's are everywhere and food is still cheap. Time to sit down at the all you can eat buffet and gorge.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Not taking a swipe at Matt. My comment about "nutters" was more reflective of some of the other websites. I realize there could have been an alternate interpretation, and I apologize for any misunderstanding. Matt's a good guy.
Molivo

Post by Molivo »

No worries I took no offense :lol:

I think this is going to be a short lived "shortage". I think the majority of the ammo was bought up by "speculative" gun shops hoping it would jump to a buck around and theyd be rich overnight. We havent increased our prices at all, and have plenty; The only thing we did pause temporairly was bulk sales for people wanting to buy ammo to take home so that we don't see it listed on florida gun trader by speculators five minutes after selling it. The Martin County Gunshow (typically fairly quiet) was very busy today (For that venue anyway), but mainly gun sales, no real bulk ammo sales that I noticed. Once dealers realize this isnt a sandy hook type jump in business distributors will catchup pretty quick on supply and it'll be free moving again.

WPB is next weekend, it will be interesting to see how that goes considering the last show was literally the morning of the world finding out about the Israeli terrorist attacks.
tector

Post by tector »

Miami gun show seemed really brisk to me today, but I am not a merchant so that was just eyeballing it. Dolphin game Sunday AM may have driven some extra people to choose today.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

You were good Red. Knew what you meant.
More along the lines of the gun nut utubers trying to panic the uniformed.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

No stampede necessary but buying small amounts regularly beats waiting for a "market bottom" to lay in that metric ship ton. Friday's haul: $129, well $140 paying the .gov their vig. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Chigger wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 6:09 pm You were good Red. Knew what you meant.
More along the lines of the gun nut utubers trying to panic the uniformed.
👍