Anyone here been through chemo treatment before ?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Second dose of chemo today,then first round of radiation. Afterwards the radiologist asked how long I'd been getting chemo,told him,he said he can already see that the mass is shrinking.
Rent would get a kick outta this,he always called me a hair farmer,LOL,yesterday I shaved my head,trying to keep the beard or the mustache at the least. 8-)
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

TonyR wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:59 pm Second dose of chemo today,then first round of radiation. Afterwards the radiologist asked how long I'd been getting chemo,told him,he said he can already see that the mass is shrinking.
Good news :!:
Let's Go Brandon
photohause

Post by photohause »

Tony-I hope this goes quickly and easily for you.....good vibes coming you way.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Yea,the shrinking was good news after the one infusion. Now I'm dealing with the side effects from Thursdays dose,so far not as bad as the first but staying close to my toilet,the lava-ass started coming on about 3 a.m. this morning.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

I have been almost two weeks since the last dose. Still have my hair. I am thinking of installing a toilet next to the bed.

I go for the third dose and another cystoscopy the last part of October. Just in time for Halloween. No need for a costume this year.

I should know after the score if there any changes or new growth. Hopefully not. If there are no other changes then they will mice me to every 12 weeks for chemo and scope. Then after 1 year I just need to go for a scope annually. No more chemo. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Good news from both of you! Keep up the great attitude and deal with not-fun stuff as it comes... it will get better and better over time.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Well,the doc said I'm winning the battle. No more radiation,go in for another dose of chemo next Thurs. and then every 21 days for about 5 or 6 more doses. Then I'll have about a year of going to the doc and getting checked out. Still feel like shit for the 21 days,but the doses have gone from 3 1/2 hours to 30 minutes and I let them provide a Lyft driver to and from.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Great news Tony! You could be looking at full recovery in just 5 or 6 months. Followups will continue for years afterward but it's a small price to pay for peace of mind & knowing the hard part is done with. My chemo was about 3+ hrs too but they broke it up with a Benadryl drip so I got to sleep during the 2nd half. Hope N0rlf is doing well too, maybe he'll pop in with an update soon.
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Indeed good news sir! I am hoping the best for you. They told me Friday there is something else they found. I go in midday for an mri. I swear I glow at night these days. Hoping it is nothing but preparing for the worse.

Always optimistic. So I am going it is just a shadow. That hairbrush once before. The not knowing is worse than the cancer.
Ricordo

Post by Ricordo »

"Cancer patients have flocked from all over the world to a Houston oncologist who developed a cutting-edge treatment that achieves a complete remission in 50 percent of patients..." https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...remission.html

The findings: https://ascopubs.org/doi/abs/10.1200...6_suppl.e14590
Let's Go Brandon