New ATF reg’s.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

New ATF reg’s.

Post by N4KVE »

Today before the WPB show opened, the ATF called a meeting with the FFL’s to explain the new rules. Don’t yell at me, I’m just the messenger. There are changes to the 4473. The first question used to be “are you purchasing the weapon for yourself”? Now it’s broken into two questions. “Do you intend to purchase, or acquire the weapon to resell it”, and “do you intend to sell, or dispose of any firearms listed on this form”? Also there’s a special section for a buyer, & seller doing a private sale who want a FFL to do a background check on the buyer. A few times two people approached Ira & asked him to do that. He replied “not necessary in Florida, & don’t waste my time”. The ATF agent then said the two new questions about reselling the gun were to aid in the prosecution of straw buyers who buy a gun only to flip it the next day.

Then they got into braces. There will be a special division who will only handle the amnesty/free SBR paperwork, so this will not slow down people applying for form 4’s, or those who still want to pay the $200 for the regular form 1. 922 rules about US parts, or engraving do not apply to the amnesty form 1’s, which leads me to believe they’re in a different class from the $200 form 1’s. He continued to say you can’t have a tube with six notches on a pistol, but a smooth tube was fine.

Then of course there’s always one a$$hole in the crowd who started badgering the ATF agents asking them if they have the right to enforce these rules. The other FFL’s quickly boo’d the guy, & told him to shut up.

A few other minor paperwork details that only concern FFL’s were discussed, & they brought plenty of donuts for all of us. GARY.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Fucking bureaucrats.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

I went to a show yesterday in Oldsmar, and was somewhat shocked to see the number of FFL's and individuals selling braced pistols .....

I've got an ugly feeling they may start making "examples" over this brace nonsense .......
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Villafuego wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:38 pm I went to a show yesterday in Oldsmar, and was somewhat shocked to see the number of FFL's and individuals selling braced pistols .....

I've got an ugly feeling they may start making "examples" over this brace nonsense .......
It was the opposite at WPB. I saw very few braced pistols for sale. And the few guys who sell the devices where you insert a Glock weren’t there at all. GARY.
https://caagearup.com/shop/
Last edited by N4KVE on Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George W

Post by George W »

Yeah, cause only Assholes speak up about rights and rogue government entities.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

George W wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:07 pm Yeah, cause only Assholes speak up about rights and rogue government entities.
They need to call Merrick Garland on the phone, to voice their complaints. GARY.
George W

Post by George W »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:13 pm
George W wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:07 pm Yeah, cause only Assholes speak up about rights and rogue government entities.
They need to call Merrick Garland on the phone, to voice their complaints. GARY.
That's like saying that anyone who opposed Hitler should have only addressed him personally instead of his armies. The agents on the street "following orders" are just as guilty as Garland.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Funny, I knew that would be your reply. The agents I spoke to today weren’t throwing people into ovens. GARY.
George W

Post by George W »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 1:34 pm Funny, I knew that would be your reply. The agents I spoke to today weren’t throwing people into ovens. GARY.
How many cages have they tossed people into at the barrel of a gun? If you knew that would be my reply, then you know it rings true. "Following orders" is never an excuse and is the reason why they take an oath to the Constitution and not to any person. They're just as guilty.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:48 am 922 rules about US parts, or engraving do not apply to the amnesty form 1’s, which leads me to believe they’re in a different class from the $200 form 1’s. He continued to say you can’t have a tube with six notches on a pistol, but a smooth tube was fine.
So no name/trust info needs to be engraved on those? Thats the first I'm hearing of anything like that.