The Trump cancer (not him having actual cancer, unfortunately)

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
tector

The Trump cancer (not him having actual cancer, unfortunately)

Post by tector »

There are plenty of people who had their moment in the sun, to advance a cause, then they went to the sidelines (more or less) and accepted their role gracefully.

The greatest example I can think of (for our team) was Barry Goldwater after 1964. He created a movement that bore fruit in 1980, but when he came ruin in the '64 presidential election he moved on personally. He was a good and decent man.

Even on the other side this has happened--I would offer up George McGovern as an exemple.He created a movement that bore fruit in 1992, but when he came ruin in the '72 presidential election he moved on personally. He was a good and decent man (and, later in life, he came to question some of the policies his "heirs" advocated.)

Then there is the shitbag named Donald Trump.

You can say he advanced a worthy cause--bringing working class and middle class populism to the GOP, and asking that it have a seat at the GOP table, too (which had been long dominated by corporatists). Fair enough.

But in 2020 he lead a GOP ticket that gave control of the Presidency, Sentate and House to the Dems. In 2022, the frankly unAmerican process of needng his personal blessing of loyalty TO HIM caused the GOP--through its idiot "MAGA" voters--to field multiple candidates in very important races (Senate, governorships and House seats in particuar) that led the GOP to FAR underperform as it should have. With brain dead Biden in the White House, inflation and crime raging, and cultural leftists running amok carving up children to sacrifice on the altar of Trannyism, promoting racial essentialism, etc., if this is the best the "MAGA Movement" can produce, then fuck the MAGA Movement.

But Trump is not going to be graceful, He is not a good and decent man. And now the GOP is potentially fucked, big time. As my grandmother used to say, when you lie down with dogs, don't complain when you come up with fleas. The GOP is covered in MAGA fleas, dopes who put loyalty to this bozo over the best interests of their country, and Trump is too big of a shitheel not to exploit them (unlike Goldwater).

So the GOP has two choices. Run this fucking clown again in 2024, or not.

As to the former, now that it SHOULD BE clear to everyone what a fucking douche he is, aside from the MAGA cult of personality losers, why in hell would anyone want him? He's rapidly aging (telling me Biden is old, too, is not a response); whatever sense of judgment he ever had is rapidly deteriorating; in his first go-around he accomplished little of his actual 2016 electoral agenda; and he has now been THE key figure in two consecutive electoral clusterfucks.

But if the GOP DOESN'T pick him, then it faces the propsect that he runs a third-party campaign in 2024 that completely sinks the party with divisive infighting, basically putting the lights out on this country (perhaps literally). And not being a good and decent man, it is precisely this kind of electoral terrorism this fucking turd would embrace.

The parenthetical subtitle of this thread is somewhat hyperbolical. I don't wish cancer on Trump--both of my parents died that way. But a Trumpian massive stroke to get him off the stage he won't leave with grace? Hell, yes.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

tector wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:34 pm But a Trumpian massive stroke to get him off the stage he won't leave with grace? Hell, yes.
What a wonderful wish. You are the (Demorat) model of a great humanitarian.

Fetterman has high presidential aspirations for the Kommies. So a stroke is not an impediment for the president. Either Alzheimer's or stroke is not a disqualification anymore. Don't be so bigoted you Ableistic racist - these candidates are just breaking the glass sealing for the (mentally) disabled...
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
tector

Post by tector »

Fetterman's was not big enough--not my doing. I never even heard of that tard until this year.

Trump needs to get his ass out of the way. It will be happening soon enough regardless of what his desperate, loser fanboys want. The cemetaries are filled with great, indispensible men (of which Trump is neither, but the point still applies).
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Nicolas

Post by Nicolas »

Trump is going to ride the election train for as long as he can. The reason being during election times the Dems will have to leave him alone or fall under the accusation of harassment during an election or something along those lines. Trump is not making new friends anywhere and his style of politics as the Dems needs to be watered down and some middle ground needs to be found.
FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

They’re still counting (cheating) midterm votes as of today. Can’t blame Trump supporting candidates for democrat cheating.
“The further a society drifts from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it.”

— George Orwell
tector

Post by tector »

Casual

Post by Casual »

If we bring back Trump, they should bring back Hillary ;)
tector

Post by tector »

Casual wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:41 pm If we bring back Trump, they should bring back Hillary ;)
THEN he might win. Would easily be the worst contest ever for US president.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Casual wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:41 pm If we bring back Trump, they should bring back Hillary ;)
Kankles and the ego maniac. I'd pay to see them box it out. Betcha kankles would win or turn him to stone.

Trump defended Clinton against accusations of sexual misconduct in August 1998 pretty much telling the world his accusers were full of crap. But we all know how it turned out anyways.

All these powerful men and women are like a cage full of rats f'n each other. They have no morals or ethics and I for one aren't expecting perfection in a president, but I think we can do better than a guy who has subscribed to and lived by situational ethics like trump all his life.

The only reason why the rednecks around Loxahatchee support him is because trump cusses and throws accusations around with a basis of no truth, like a drunken brawl they are used to with their baby mommas. Low IQ voters, they are a peach.