I think I pissed off Fred Guttenberg

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

wjbarricklow wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:13 am My only concern about constitutional carry is that it might reduce the number of concealed weapons permits. 2 million permits is a lot of voters, and it's pretty hard for our state legislators and leaders to ignore that. That said, I still support constitutional carry.

Open carry? There are a few people who would do it, but I can't imagine it being a common thing. I've spent a good bit of time in open carry states and it's rare to actually see anyone doing it. And of it does become a common thing, who cares? People will get used to it.
2 million is the total amount of active permits, that includes out of state issued permits. There aren't 2 million permit holders in FL.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

My biggest worry about constitutional carry is reciprocity. How do you prove your CCW status in Florida without the ID that goes with it? While it's probably not ideal, I like the idea of having the ID. It's not just an identifier, it's proof to police officers that you're a law abiding citizen with training and a clean background.
My posts kill threads.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

MiamiJBT-

I was using 2 million as a round number.

It's 2,596,140 Florida concealed firearm licenses. 216,481 of them are out of state.

So, to correct myself, there are 2,379,659 license holders in Florida.

It's a lot of voters.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

wjbarricklow wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:13 am My only concern about constitutional carry is that it might reduce the number of concealed weapons permits. 2 million permits is a lot of voters, and it's pretty hard for our state legislators and leaders to ignore that. That said, I still support constitutional carry.

Open carry? There are a few people who would do it, but I can't imagine it being a common thing. I've spent a good bit of time in open carry states and it's rare to actually see anyone doing it. And of it does become a common thing, who cares? People will get used to it.
I would only OC in places where they are, already used to it. Such as an outdoor range, etc. Otherwise, I want that element of surprise working for me.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:21 am My biggest worry about constitutional carry is reciprocity. How do you prove your CCW status in Florida without the ID that goes with it? While it's probably not ideal, I like the idea of having the ID. It's not just an identifier, it's proof to police officers that you're a law abiding citizen with training and a clean background.
Here in tennessee we have permitless carry. Not true constitutional carry but close. Tennessee also has a carry permit that allows a few more plusses. I have an lifetime permit So i can show proof in other states. I can also carry in a few places with the permit that others cannot. Kind of dumb but it works.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

cvasqu03 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:21 am My biggest worry about constitutional carry is reciprocity. How do you prove your CCW status in Florida without the ID that goes with it? While it's probably not ideal, I like the idea of having the ID. It's not just an identifier, it's proof to police officers that you're a law abiding citizen with training and a clean background.
In , at least most, states that have constitutional carry they have a ccw permit system for that purpose. Some allow additional carry locations, also.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

wjbarricklow wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:25 am MiamiJBT-

I was using 2 million as a round number.

It's 2,596,140 Florida concealed firearm licenses. 216,481 of them are out of state.

So, to correct myself, there are 2,379,659 license holders in Florida.

It's a lot of voters.
It's funny, I never paid attention to these numbers but they are what the Department of Ag has reported as of Oct 2022 and monthly new applications are well over 70K. Still that is a minority percentage to the total registered Republican voters of 5,259,406, and more than 4 million NPA registered voters. Obviously not every licensee is a Republican or independent, as well as not every enthusiast is a CCW, but there are definitely more registered Dems than CCW licensees. We need the GOA to keep an organized front against the assault of our 2A rights. I am surprised that we haven't seen the repeal of the crap laws that were passed since Parkland. If red flag laws indeed worked, they would be showing examples left and right. Also, the only binary crap I care about are about recovering the binary triggers I lost in that boating accident.
cvasqu03

Post by cvasqu03 »

While on the subject, I wish Charles H. Bronson was still the Agriculture Commissioner.

Nothing against Adam Putnam, but I really miss being able to say I had a concealed carry permit signed by Charles Bronson himself.
My posts kill threads.
ADulay

Post by ADulay »

Racer88 wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:21 am I recall seeing TV news coverage of FC events with guys carrying long guns, walking through a crowded farmer's market "on their way to go fishing."
Those were most probably the guys doing the fishing thing much later than the original setup and most likely on their own.

Every time there was a planned event, the emails and flyers ALWAYS said that long guns were not allowed.

AD
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

ss1,

You can count Republicans and Democrats, but how many of them actually vote? Politicians listen to the NRA because they have 5 million members in the entire country, but the members are politically active.

So, 2 million FL permit holders are a smaller group than Republicans or Democrats or NRA members, but permit holders like their guns enough to take a class, get fingerprinted, renew licenses, etc. They're more likely to get out there and vote than the average registered voter.

And I agree we need groups like GOA or SAF.