As you consider voting, just a reminder about Wilton Simpson

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
Odessaman

As you consider voting, just a reminder about Wilton Simpson

Post by Odessaman »

Just because he's running as a Republican, doesn't mean he is one . . .

He wants to be the next Commissioner of Agriculture, and in charge of Florida's Division of Licensing, including your Concealed Weapon LIcense.

BUT, before you fill in the bubble next to his name just because he's the "Republican" candidate, remember:

1. Until he decided to run for AG Comm., his website boasted how he was instrumental in writing and passing the "Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act," which:
a. created Florida's Red Flag law, under which your Second Amendment and property rights are suspended without due process of law; and
b. denies Second Amendment rights to tens of thousands of 18 to 20 year olds, who are defined as adults under Florida law; and
c. outlaws "bump stocks," which I personally think is a stupid device, but nonetheless an unlawful infringement and had nothing to do with the Parkland shooting.

2. As President of the Florida Senate, he blocked numerous pro-gun bills from progressing out of committee for deliberation and vote on the Senate floor.

He is a self-serving politician who doesn't give a shit about his constituents' gun rights, and I wouldn't waste my piss on his head if his thinning hair was on fire. I won't vote for his Democratic opponent, but I also won't reward his ambitions with my vote, either. If he wins, which he well might, it will be without my support.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

So, just to clarify what you are recommending...what is your bottom line?

Don't vote for anyone in that race?
George W

Post by George W »

I didn't cast a vote for Ag Commissioner. I planned to vote against Simpson, but could bring myself to vote Democrat.

The next Governor's race is being set up for him as the likely heir to Desantis. He's as slimy as can be and I can't vote him, no matter the opposition.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Thanks for this info!
tector

Post by tector »

George W wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:09 am I didn't cast a vote for Ag Commissioner. I planned to vote against Simpson, but could bring myself to vote Democrat.

The next Governor's race is being set up for him as the likely heir to Desantis. He's as slimy as can be and I can't vote him, no matter the opposition.
The next governor's race will be interesting. I keep wondering if Pam Bondi will reappear. And of course Ashley Moody will be term limited out of the AG.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

But, but... he's a "Farmer"... LOFL :lol:
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Lucy wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:13 am So, just to clarify what you are recommending...what is your bottom line?

Don't vote for anyone in that race?
That's what I'm doing - he may get the win, but it won't be with the help of my vote. I won't vote for the Democrat in this race either, but if a reasonable, moderate Democrat ever came up against a slimeball Republican like Simpson in a downticket race, I'd sure consider voting for the Dem.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

osprey21 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:18 am But, but... he's a "Farmer"... LOFL :lol:
Somebody needs to tell him spreading manure don't make him a farmer.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

If he's good enough for the NRA legislative branch and certainly Marion "janet reno" Hammer, then he must be okay. After all they wouldn't lie would they?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
but if a reasonable, moderate Democrat ever came up
I think those animals are all extinct.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I early voted last week. But I did abstain from voting for DOACS commissioner.