I want to fingerbang your aftermarket trigger (St. Pete)

Discussions on all the Black Rifle variants of all calibers and manufacturers.
jr81452

I want to fingerbang your aftermarket trigger (St. Pete)

Post by jr81452 »

To any members in the St. Pete/Tampa bay area with aftermarket triggers in your AR, I would like to feel your trigger.
Recently picked up an AR-15 that has a poor factory trigger. I've never bought an aftermarket AR trigger before and would like to feel a few to get an idea of what I want to buy. I'll bring my own snap caps in case you don't have any. Reasonable compensation for your time can be discussed.

Thanks,
Jason
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
tector

Post by tector »

Is this Charlie Crist?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Hitting the sauce a bit early today tec?
Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities - Voltaire

Zealot: noun 1. a person who is fanatical and uncompromising in pursuit of their religious, political, or other ideals.
tector

Post by tector »

jr81452 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:49 am Hitting the sauce a bit early today tec?
What is "early" on a Friday?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Fair enough.

Let's say I hadn't been on here since 08', with hundreds of posts, and dozens of members I've met in person, and was in fact CC. What exactly would my goal be with this post? Can't be to size up member arsenals, cause I'm fairly certain there isn't a member here who wouldn't recognize that limp-wristed, weak jawed, bean pole as he came flopping up their driveway like a fish on the dock.

tector

Post by tector »

Dude, lighten up--I was joking about Charlie Crisco's proclivities, not espousing a conspiracy theory. If I was doing the latter I would have referenced the ATF, not the restroom cruiser.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Not in your neck of the woods but my suggestion is to try a Geissele SSA-E. Have other various drop-ins (Timney, Rise), 2 stages, Ni-B coated, and the Geissele is just amazing.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

All of those are on my list to try, shame you aren't a bit closer. Have to be in Stuart in Feb, maybe we can get together if I'm still looking by then (I hope not). I know the Geissele triggers are highly recommended as good, but I'm looking for a specific feel to match other SA rifles I run that don't have a direct-match trigger option for the AR platform. Basically trying to not have to retrain my finger for multiple riffles, and this was the best option I could think of (other than spending a few $k for options and sending back the ones I don't like).

osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

If it's a bone stock AR trigger, try this as it actually does work. I was skeptical when I first heard about it but damn, it does improve a stock trigger.

Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
jr81452

Post by jr81452 »

Interesting method for wearing in your trigger. (Un)fortunately slop/creep/mush/grit aren't an issue with this IWI trigger. It has a clean pull and break, but the pull is longer and heavier (7.5lb) than my dick.