Financial Merchants now starting to Track Gun Sales

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
FfNJGTFO

Financial Merchants now starting to Track Gun Sales

Post by FfNJGTFO »

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/visa- ... d/1086918/

Thankfully, I just completed a shopping spree for both parts and ammo so I'm good for quite a while. Hopefully, long enough for the republicans to get back in power and kill some of this. I'd have to figure that the merchants, if they want to keep strong sales, will find away around it (i.e. take alternate payment methods, perhaps even form their own financial payment network... I think they're strong enough).
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Possibly as sporting goods stores, with a general code? As I understand it, this is imposed by the card processors and is not a law (as in ATF raid type). One may argue it could be contractual. Then a shipping subsidiary also doing the billing? "LP Transport" for Midway, as an example.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
tector

Post by tector »

“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
George W

Post by George W »

Buy local. Pay cash.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

B/S/T when possible.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

REDinFL wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 9:59 am Possibly as sporting goods stores, with a general code? As I understand it, this is imposed by the card processors and is not a law (as in ATF raid type). One may argue it could be contractual. Then a shipping subsidiary also doing the billing? "LP Transport" for Midway, as an example.
I don't think the code itself matters. As long as the govt. is notified that something is purchased, no matter what, the cat's out of the bag. I won't be buying anything via that method for quite some time. And it's not like they can hide sales of firearms with different codes either as I'm sure they'd be audited to the hilt. Kinda hard to report a bunch of income that isn't "firearms" related from a gun store.

One thing I can do is get my FFL to buy it for me. He takes cash. As long as they don't audit his 4473 file... Hopefully, the fact that he's a private "Mom & Pop" FFL might make that slightly more likely.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

This is an industry thing right now. Its more controlled by pension fund investors such as teachers unions pushing this and of course these companies are listening.

With projected general knowledge doubling every 6 months along with _______bytes of storage doing the same thing and algorithms running 24/7 they don't even need a lot of people monitoring. Your name will pop up in some basement monitoring room with a bunch of pimple faced kids forwarding your name to the proper authorities to check out.

Cash is still king until the facial recognition programs running on the cameras that every FFL or gun parts seller will be required to install, doesn't matter then. Your ass is theirs.

Welcome to the new America.
FloridaMan

Post by FloridaMan »

Chigger wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:42 am This is an industry thing right now. Its more controlled by pension fund investors such as teachers unions pushing this and of course these companies are listening.

With projected general knowledge doubling every 6 months along with _______bytes of storage doing the same thing and algorithms running 24/7 they don't even need a lot of people monitoring. Your name will pop up in some basement monitoring room with a bunch of pimple faced kids forwarding your name to the proper authorities to check out.

Cash is still king until the facial recognition programs running on the cameras that every FFL or gun parts seller will be required to install, doesn't matter then. Your ass is theirs.

Welcome to the new America.
“I’m sorry sir, your card has been declined because of your political affiliations and vaccination status.”
“The further a society drifts from the truth the more they will hate those that speak it.”

— George Orwell
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

I don’t know if the card processing companies know what products a company might sell, unless the business was Joe’s Gun Shop. In IRA’s case while his business is Gun Country, to the CC company, it’s INJ Inc. [Ira, & Joanne Inc] This was to help out guys who purchased guns using their CC should the wife ask WTF did you buy from INJ Inc. The reply could be “that’s the tire shop that did the work on my truck”. GARY