Post-storm check-in

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

Post by George W »

lighteye wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:56 am

Do you need ice/water/chainsaw help? I'm offering it gratis if you do.
I am good, but thank you. Plus, we got power back in the early am last night. Draining the generator and putting away solar lights now.
lighteye

Post by lighteye »

Roger that
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

My son's area up in Port Orange (just south of Daytona Beach) flooded badly, due to the wind and storm surge pushing water into the Ponce de Leon Inlet, and backing water back up into the Halifax River.
My son's house came with in a couple inches of being flooded, and neighbors all around him had 6 to 12 inches of water in their houses.
People who have lived in that area, called Sugar Mill Gardens, and have lived there for 40 years and more, say they have never seen anything like it before.
They are still without power east of Nova Road.

Myself on Merritt Island, had the eye go right over us.
Still all we received was just wind (peak gusts in the 50-60 mph range) and rain (like 12 inches over 36 hours), with no real damage to the area.
Never even lost power, and that was a real surprise.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Just got back from my buddys marina on the St.Johns river in Deland on SR 44,gone up 6" since I was there yesterday and its already worse than when Irma came thru there. Their gettin' it bad there now,now waiting on it to peak.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Nothing here in tennessee of course and daughter said our place on Oviedo has a wet back yard but nothing in house. She said they lost power there for a few hours is really all. Flooding just s couple roads over was real bad though. In all I was expecting wise but am praying for those that did get hit hard. Please all let me know if there is anything we can do.
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

I just found this post, Safe up in Palm Harbor, Those of us not hit were certainly blessed. Those hit so hard need both our prayers and help. It looks like its not over cause the rivers are coming up again and that sux. I have an old friend that is down in Ft. Meyers that was hit hard, no power/no water/etc. She said she is safe but.....Cell service is not the best...At least last night. Things like that make it less than comfortable since I can't find out what she needs. The calls have always dropped.

Watch your backs folks, the season is not over this time....Sometimes I don't like living in this beautiful state...sighhhhhhhhhh

I'm glad all of you are safe.
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Never even lost electricity at home in Oldsmar while we were at a hotel on high ground. But if we had had a direct hit like was supposed to happen, our place would have been under at least 8 feet of water.
redhawk77

Post by redhawk77 »

Just wind and light rain Wednesday got called into work thrusday at 1pm . We were very lucky new port richey. Tampa area God spared us major pain.. God bless everyone in South Fla. Prays go out to them.
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

No damage to speak of here in west Broward! VERY lucky and prayers out to all those affected by Ian!
Casual

Post by Casual »

Fences lost, roof and ceiling damage. Few days w/o power....

Overall no worries...