Constitutional Carry in FL?

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
armedpolak

Constitutional Carry in FL?

Post by armedpolak »

I keep hearing about it in some podcasts I listen to, that FL may be the next state to adopt Constitutional Carry.

Can someone please update me on the issue? is it likely to pass? what's the status?

thank you!
AP
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'm not confident it will pass. Reasons? Rodent, hysterical arrivals from blue states.

The arguments against it are simply ignorant, a deliberate and insistent ignorance. The persons who cannot and should not get a carry permit already are prohibited from possession under federal and state laws. As with so many liberal feel-good laws, it is redundant.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

It's not anything except RINO Republicans holding up CC
We can blame everything else but in reality it's them.

DeSantis in Feb at Trumps house promised before he's through being gov it would happen. The problem being if the clear majority of Republicans don't bring and pass legislation DeSantis can't sign it which let's him off the hook.

Remember, these are the same ass wipes who gave us red flag laws, banned bump stocks and triggers.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Chigger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:33 pm It's not anything except RINO Republicans holding up CC

DeSantis in Feb at Trumps house promised before he's through being gov it would happen. The problem being if the clear majority of Republicans don't bring and pass legislation DeSantis can't sign it which let's him off the hook.

Remember, these are the same ass wipes who gave us red flag laws, banned bump stocks and triggers.
Oh... I've been unplugged from politics since pretty much 2016 after Trump's election... I had no idea we had red flag laws in FL, though I did read in some thread here about bump stocks and binary triggers :(

Abolish the ATF!!!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Chigger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:33 pm It's not anything except RINO Republicans holding up CC
One has to ask, though, how much is "The Rodent/FRF" paying off the RINOs???
Chigger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:33 pm DeSantis in Feb at Trumps house promised before he's through being gov it would happen. The problem being if the clear majority of Republicans don't bring and pass legislation DeSantis can't sign it which let's him off the hook.

Honestly, as stated here may times before, I don't need or desire Const. Carry. I have no problem renewing my CWFL every 7 years and paying the $50.00 or whatever for it. I'd even do it if we actually do get Const. Carry. This, because it also gives me reciprocity with the other states. Furthermore, I don't want "The Rodent/FRF" insisting on establishing more "No guns allowed" signs that have the force of law. Certain to happen if we get Const. Carry here in FL, and especially if it also implies OC. At present, there are no such signs with the force of law in FL. Once FL gets Const. Carry,. watch them magically appear!
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

FfNJGTFO wrote:
Chigger wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:33 pm DeSantis in Feb at Trumps house promised before he's through being gov it would happen. The problem being if the clear majority of Republicans don't bring and pass legislation DeSantis can't sign it which let's him off the hook.

Honestly, as stated here may times before, I don't need or desire Const. Carry. I have no problem renewing my CWFL every 7 years and paying the $50.00 or whatever for it. I'd even do it if we actually do get Const. Carry. This, because it also gives me reciprocity with the other states. Furthermore, I don't want "The Rodent/FRF" insisting on establishing more "No guns allowed" signs that have the force of law. Certain to happen if we get Const. Carry here in FL, and especially if it also implies OC. At present, there are no such signs with the force of law in FL. Once FL gets Const. Carry,. watch them magically appear!
Not to be a d1ck but attitude like this is why our 2nd amendment rights continue being infringed :(
Perhaps I don’t mind paying the fee every 7 years also, but that’s not the point. The principle of freedom is. Any “right” that requires a license is fundementally not a right :(
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

armedpolak wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:01 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:

Not to be a d1ck but attitude like this is why our 2nd amendment rights continue being infringed :(
Perhaps I don’t mind paying the fee every 7 years also, but that’s not the point. The principle of freedom is. Any “right” that requires a license is fundementally not a right :(
OK, then you have two choices... 1) get "National" reciprocity along with constitutional carry (Good luck with that), or 2) get your constitutional carry system to issue a license anyway for free in order to have reciprocity elsewhere. I say "Good luck with that" because I'm pretty sure you will never get NY, NJ, CA, MA, etc. to buy in to National reciprocity.

And you still have to deal with the "Rodent/FRF" getting the FL Legislature to implement "No gun signs" that will certainly acquire the force of law. Look at what's happening in NY after the SCOTUS decision. What about that?

The "Principle of Freedom" is a great ideal but, at this point, it's just that.... an ideal. In the mean time, we have to live with the reality of the situation. A reality that will get much worse if constitutional carry passes and we suddenly get flooded with "no gun signs" bearing the force of law. If you can find a way to keep no gun signs out of the picture, both now and in the future, then great. But I don't see where that's possible. Again, I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just "realistic." Fl has what no other free/pro2A state has... "The Rodent." If you can figure a way to get around them, I salute you.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:44 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote:

OK, then you have two choices... 1) get "National" reciprocity along with constitutional carry (Good luck with that), or 2) get your constitutional carry system to issue a license anyway for free in order to have reciprocity elsewhere. I say "Good luck with that" because I'm pretty sure you will never get NY, NJ, CA, MA, etc. to buy in to National reciprocity.

And you still have to deal with the "Rodent/FRF" getting the FL Legislature to implement "No gun signs" that will certainly acquire the force of law. Look at what's happening in NY after the SCOTUS decision. What about that?

The "Principle of Freedom" is a great ideal but, at this point, it's just that.... an ideal. In the mean time, we have to live with the reality of the situation. A reality that will get much worse if constitutional carry passes and we suddenly get flooded with "no gun signs" bearing the force of law. If you can find a way to keep no gun signs out of the picture, both now and in the future, then great. But I don't see where that's possible. Again, I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just "realistic." Fl has what no other free/pro2A state has... "The Rodent." If you can figure a way to get around them, I salute you.
why would C.C. imply no-guns signs suddenly carry the weight of law behind them? sincere question.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

armedpolak wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:16 pm
FfNJGTFO wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:44 pm

why would C.C. imply no-guns signs suddenly carry the weight of law behind them? sincere question.
There's a bit of history, there. First, it happened in both Texas and Ohio. Texas already had signs with the force of law (30.06 and 30.07). As soon as they went "constitutional" suddenly, there appeared sec. 30.05 which made it a crime to carry "constitutionally" in places prohibited under 30.06 and 30.07 and in additional places. And they sprang up all over the place. Similarly, in Ohio, once they got Const. C. And, finally, Florida has its own history. In previous legislative sessions, when Const. Carry was being considered, the Rodent & FRF insisted on no gun signs having the force of law. The compromise deal made between the Rodent/FRF and the legislature was to not adopt Const. carry and they would drop the requirement to have signs with the force of law. Although, I believe the rodent/FRF's concern was more about "open carry" than "constitutional/permitless" carry. I think it's the same, today.

It will be interesting to see what happens in Georgia, now that they have const. carry. At present, signs do not have the force of law, but we'll see.