Rentprop1 has passed

Forum dedicated to remembrance of people that we knew or that were at the center of our ideals. It is not for the death of famous people, actors or singers.
fish

Post by fish »

RIP. Mark was a hard working, honest man.
Helped me liquidate most of my collection after I retired.
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Great guy, extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Rest In Peace Rent
XenShooter

Post by XenShooter »

Very sad, he will be missed. RIP Rent. :(
~ Teufel Hunden
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Damn. I was making plans to go visit him at his shop in June. Mark has been here since the start. He was the most welcoming guy at shoots and never missed a chance to offer folks the opportunity to expand their horizons either with his gear or with his knowledge. He helped me build two AKs in his garage one afternoon, and was always ready with advice on any project. A damn fine man. He wouldn't put up with bullshit and would call it like he saw it. To watch a guy go from where he was in life when he took the handle Rentprop to signify his career at the time to where he ended up owning the firearms business of his dreams has been a personal lesson to me that the American Dream is alive and well.

RIP Rent. We'll be watching/listening and thinking of you when you light off some Tannerite downrange during our summer thunderstorms, my brother.
Last edited by flcracker on Mon May 30, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 1:08 pm this forum will not be the same without him :|
Very sad news.
Mark and I communicated several times over the years.
He was most definitely one of the most interesting, knowledgeable and humorous contributors to the forum.
He would often write stuff in response to a post that would have me laughing out loud. :lol:
RIP Mark.
FSN wont be the same without you!!!
Casual

Post by Casual »

Rest easy brother
tector

Post by tector »

I hope his family can see this, to see how highly his friends thought of him. It was for good reason.

He sent me a PM on May 21, said he was camping with limited internet (I had asked about those PSA AKs). So apparently he was OK then.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
george_995

Post by george_995 »

neonnight34609 wrote: Mon May 30, 2022 9:26 am i am very heavy hearted to hear this. Rent was a great guy. I went to a few of his build parties back in the day and trained him for his CDL. I have been meaning to visit him at his shop for sometime but life has been busy and I never made it there to see him. :cry: RIP my friend.
What kills me, I frequently drive past his shop, last few months been thinking about stopping in and talking with him. Never did, didn't make time.
Will remember all the meetups,hanging out at his shop, shoots and builds he helped me with.
Many laughs 😅 we all had with him, he was a plethora of knowledge, and had balls on him. I looked up to Mark and he was a good friend.

RIP my friend and I pray for your loved ones.
Last edited by george_995 on Mon May 30, 2022 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member since 2009
Skltr

Post by Skltr »

Shocked to hear. RIP Sir Rent!
Onree

Post by Onree »

Damn. Mark was a great guy. I have fond memories of the FSN BBQ and swap meet he hosted at his house many moons ago.