Had A Visitor This Morning!

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

TC6969 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:53 am 10,000 comedians out of work and here you are. :roll:
No, not funny at all that it is bad enough I have to look out my front window and see the neighbor with the Bidumb/Whore-is flag flying on his flag pole, but having these guys camped out just down the road. There used to be a whole clans of illegals camped out. They don't seem to have any possessions so no shopping carts for them. But they are now gone as I think Bidumb puts the illegals up at the local hotels now. But US citizen bums, nah, they are not worthy of a hotel.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
revelation

Post by revelation »

I volunteer as a canoe guide and if you watch the Osprey hunt they always catch the fish so the fish's head is always faces forward so the bird is more aerodynamic. Unfortunately, those huge talons sink in and they can get stuck in a heavy fish and they end up not being able to fly far and tire out and drown.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Flame Red wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:14 am
TC6969 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:53 am 10,000 comedians out of work and here you are. :roll:
No, not funny at all that it is bad enough I have to look out my front window and see the neighbor with the Bidumb/Whore-is flag flying on his flag pole, but having these guys camped out just down the road. There used to be a whole clans of illegals camped out. They don't seem to have any possessions so no shopping carts for them. But they are now gone as I think Bidumb puts the illegals up at the local hotels now. But US citizen bums, nah, they are not worthy of a hotel.
How in the Hell does ANY of that political screed relate to a bird landing on my light pole?

Man, there's something wrong with you.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I actually watched a Bald Eagle take a fish from an osprey in St Augustine last weekend, if I only had a dash cam, y'all be watching it right now too :mrgreen:
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

They would nest behind a shop I worked at. The female is really picky about what she builds the nest out of. The male can't just pick sticks off the ground. He has to rip clean ones out of trees. Sometimes those aren't good enough. Sometimes the male spends 20 minutes ripping a branch out of a tree, and she just looks it over and drops it on the ground.

One day an osprey saw the radio antenna on the boss's Mercedes, and it must have looked like a really good stick that mama would approve. He tried like hell to rip that antenna off the car. He yanked it back and forth trying to break it, for a long time. We were all like laughing like hell until the boss came out back and spoiled the fun.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I was in a tree stand one morning when the sun came up and saw some crows chase a mouse into a clump of brush.

Then about 5 ospreys landed in the same clearing.

A crow hopped over to the nearest osprey and squawked at him.

The osprey proceeded to walk over into the brush and came back out with the mouse in his beak!

It was like the crow walked over and said, "Hey! FYI, there's a mouse in the brush"
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:29 pm I actually watched a Bald Eagle take a fish from an osprey in St Augustine last weekend, if I only had a dash cam, y'all be watching it right now too :mrgreen:
I used to live on the north end of Pine Island next to a tidal pond. Watched an osprey snatch a mullet from the pond, then while circling to clear the Australian pines was dive bombed by a bald eagle, making it drop the mullet. The eagle snatched the fish out of the air about 3 ft above the surface of the pond and soared away leaving a screaming pissed-off osprey in the trees.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)