FSN fundraising/membership?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Fuck facebook. There's enough people here to pitch in and others who said they would donate.

1) We need ONE person to receive donations and handle that aspect of it,getting said funds to Steven or Legio.
2) want to do a donation of items to auction for the site,have ONE other person take care of that and forward funds to whoever is the Steven/Legio contact..

So we need 2 people who can do those jobs
1) auctioneer
1) bookkeeper

Is Molivo still around,he did the auction thing I think with Gmountains firearms.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:50 pm Whatever route FSN decides to take is beyond my control.
I only hope we don't end up with all the scrolling, flashing / annoying advertisements that so many of the other sites now have.
Like I said in my previous post, I'll donate to the cause.
Any of y'all have one of these? :lol:
Don't have the mugs, but I do have a couple of T-shirts from a while back.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

TonyR wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 pm 1) We need ONE person to receive donations and handle that aspect of it,getting said funds to Steven or Legio.
2) want to do a donation of items to auction for the site,have ONE other person take care of that and forward funds to whoever is the Steven/Legio contact..
receiving the funds is extremely difficult. For the past year, I haven't been able to get my new CC. It gets lost every time I try, and at $50 a try, it is expensive. Me being overseas at this time is not helpful.
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Problem solved,whoever is collecting the donations can also send funds to where ever you direct them.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

If I can donate via paypal or venmo, I have another $100 for this.
Odessaman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:19 am
Legio wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:03 pm
flcracker wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:46 pm I'm thinking that we really need to get serious about financing an upgrade to the site. I'm totally ready for a fundraiser and/or membership fees.

Any chance that our site owner might be amenable to a change to a more financially sustainable business model? Industry sponsors, banner ads, etc.?
Epik has friendly hosting for us. Nobody will try to cancel us there. The bronze plan would be enough for FSN. It is $9.99 or $107.88 per year or $1438.56 for a forever plan. ( https://www.epik.com/hosting/ )
I'd like to see this site regain some semblance of its former glory - it's still the only site I belong to that I check every day for interesting posts. I can't remember when I originally joined, but it was B.C. (before crash) and at the height of Moe's reign. I remember following the separate dramas of Sharon and 305boi, if that says anything.

I'll throw this pledge out there: if we can raise $1200 toward the Forever Plan, I'll pay the $238.56 balance to make it happen.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Well, I don't have any extra cash, but I DID promise a nice knife.

TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Hold on to your goodies & donations,I'm trying to help Legio and get something set-up for all of this. Waiting to hear back from him now.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

As you may have noticed lately, the site goes down frequently. This script is too much for this server. It crashes the MySQL server all the time. I spend my time checking on it so I can detect when the site goes down and fix it. This is the only site that does it. My other sites are not affected by it at all.

Let's resume the conversation. I have no American CC since I cannot get it here. Some of you want to pay with CC, others with Paypal, and some in checks. I cannot manage this from where I am.

We need to decide the type of plan we want, the way to finance it, and the rewards the contributors are expecting.

I need constructive ideas on how to achieve this. Let's try to stay focused and not wander into other conversations.

Waiting for your input.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

From my experience with other sites, a simple badge is kinda neat, but I don't see the need for anything else beyond that. Some sites have a members only area, but unless you want to have a sound-off forum just for site patrons, there's no need.

I'm sure you can find a site admin or mod to assist in the financials, but I offer my assistance in any way you need it. We can set a minimum goal and a comfortable goal (we NEED XXX a month to keep above water but if we got XXXX a month, we could do THIS), then set a baseline of what we'd like to get from members. Of course, one-time vs. monthly, too.
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Wakko wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:20 am From my experience with other sites, a simple badge is kinda neat, but I don't see the need for anything else beyond that. Some sites have a members only area, but unless you want to have a sound-off forum just for site patrons, there's no need.

I'm sure you can find a site admin or mod to assist in the financials, but I offer my assistance in any way you need it. We can set a minimum goal and a comfortable goal (we NEED XXX a month to keep above water but if we got XXXX a month, we could do THIS), then set a baseline of what we'd like to get from members. Of course, one-time vs. monthly, too.
A badge can be set easily; Thanks for your input.