Asylum Seeking Refugees

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

Asylum Seeking Refugees

Post by P5 Guy »

https://nationalinterest.org/print/feat ... mind-21506

Do We the People really want these folks here?
Taco

Post by Taco »

The lady says come.

tector

Post by tector »

I have no problem honoring commitments that were made to specific people who assisted us. But scooping up people wholesale? No, that's how you got Shitholia up in Minnesota.

As far as the Statue of Liberty goes, that is not an expression of our immigration policy--laws are. It's a poem. That language was put there in 1903. If you want to return to our immigration laws in 1903, sign me up. In fact I would be happy to have the immigration policies that existed when I was born (1961). The Immigration Act of 1965, however, is arguably the single worst law ever passed by Congress, and laid the foundation for all our subsequent disasters in this area since then. Even Wikipedia (edited by left-wingers) plainly shows it was passed on a wave of lies (Ted Kennedy being quite prominent), and totally upended the nature of this country.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I see the Libiturds are going to step in. AB&B offered to house some of the Afgans lifted out. Good for them!

I am not sure how that exactly works. I bet the feds will pay some of that.

But if I had my house listed with AB&B, and they trashed my house, I sure would be pissed. Remember Fredo's brother gooernor's idea that the Libitard hotels in NYC that house the homeless last year during China Virus due to no occupancy? Those hotels don't do it anymore after the "tenants" trashed them totally. I bet the Gooberment paid for the damage? Another winning decision from the disgraced Como.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

One can even take the more cynical (and, I think correct) view of the Statue of Liberty. When was it erected? The age of the "Robber Barons" who wanted lots of cheap labor for their factories, and to build railroads and ships. I understand, at that time, recruiters were dispatched around Europe to lure people here, with all sorts of promises.

Just one generation earlier, Irish immigrants fleeing a famine (caused by the English) were instrumental to the Northern victory in the War for Southern Independence. There were army recruiters at the docks on South St. in NYC to get men to sign up. The point? The string pullers wanted warm bodies to use.

The poem on the Statue is just a romantic notion one feeds to children.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

The "LADY'S" message is out dated.
America needs no more immigrants.

NO VACANCY AMERICA IS FULL !!
Taco

Post by Taco »

P5 Guy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:01 pm The "LADY'S" message is out dated.

Isn't that the Brady messaging about the second amendment? Outdated?

This whole thread, like so many others on here, is so far out of touch. Without the gun community as a whole starting to come back and acknowledge the reality of the situation, mine will be the last generation with the freedom to own firearms.
tector

Post by tector »

Taco wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:37 pm
P5 Guy wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:01 pm The "LADY'S" message is out dated.

Isn't that the Brady messaging about the second amendment? Outdated?

This whole thread, like so many others on here, is so far out of touch. Without the gun community as a whole starting to come back and acknowledge the reality of the situation, mine will be the last generation with the freedom to own firearms.
Thanks for all your specifics. Would you care to name any part of my previous post here that "is so far out of touch?" How about the original post that started this thread? Or are you just gonna call us all bad, naughty people like some 20 year old SJW bitch?
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
photohause

Post by photohause »

I'm assuming that each and every one of them has been inoculated for: Polio, TB; Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis, Measles, mumps, and rubella,Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type B, Hepatitis B, and Covid.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
tector

Post by tector »

photohause wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:26 pm I'm assuming that each and every one of them has been inoculated for: Polio, TB; Diphtheria, tetanus, and pertussis, Measles, mumps, and rubella,Tetanus and Diphtheria Toxoids, Pertussis, Haemophilus influenzae type B, Hepatitis B, and Covid.
I did just see this this morning:

https://reason.com/2021/08/25/u-s-vacci ... october-1/

Apparently the utter hypocrisy of forcing (among many others) American troops to get vaxxed but not doing so to invading future Democrats became too politically hot to bear.