Polk County Sheriff Judd rocks !

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
George W

Post by George W »

Judd has never known a camera he didn't love, nor a right he wouldn't trample. His rhetoric makes for great sound bites, but his actions should give great pause.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

George wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:16 am Judd has never known a camera he didn't love, nor a right he wouldn't trample. His rhetoric makes for great sound bites, but his actions should give great pause.
Most dangerous place in Polk County is to be between Judd and a News Camera.
Communism - 20th Century Mass Murder Champions
R.I.P. Edward Avila - AR15.COM Founder
Check out my gun blog - https://www.newwavefirearms.com
Florida State Director for Gun Owners of America - Join GOA
George W

Post by George W »

Miami_JBT wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:23 pm
George wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:16 am Judd has never known a camera he didn't love, nor a right he wouldn't trample. His rhetoric makes for great sound bites, but his actions should give great pause.
Most dangerous place in Polk County is to be between Judd and a News Camera.
I disagree. The most dangerous place is between Judd and those desperate to swallow his seed.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Miami_JBT wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:04 pm He's not pro-gun. Polk County is the biggest in Red Flag Law confiscations.
1+ He is nothing but an attention whore.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Given that over the past 5 or 6 decades, the citizens of Imperial Polk County could only have elected a Sheriff from amongst the 4 available/viable candidates, IMHO:

Grady Judd > Monroe Brannen > Louie Mims > Dan Daniels

Local politics have limited choices. Being the Crossroads of Florida (I-4 x US27), Polk County needs a strong Sheriff, IMHO. Also IMHO, there are much worse leftwing sheriffs in Florida to be concerned about. They just choose to operate out of the limelight.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

flcracker wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 pm Given that over the past 5 or 6 decades, the citizens of Imperial Polk County could only have elected a Sheriff from amongst the 4 available/viable candidates, IMHO:

Local politics have limited choices. Being the Crossroads of Florida (I-4 x US27), Polk County needs a strong Sheriff, IMHO. Also IMHO, there are much worse leftwing sheriffs in Florida to be concerned about. They just choose to operate out of the limelight.
I don't think most here would disagree. It is only when folks tout Grady as the second coming of the gun rights Jesus that there is push back. He is an attention whore, and (like most police leaders) a politician, so he says what he thinks folks want to hear. What he believes and does, is often the opposite.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:55 am
flcracker wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 pm Given that over the past 5 or 6 decades, the citizens of Imperial Polk County could only have elected a Sheriff from amongst the 4 available/viable candidates, IMHO:

I don't think most here would disagree. It is only when folks tout Grady as the second coming of the gun rights Jesus that there is push back. He is an attention whore, and (like most police leaders) a politician, so he says what he thinks folks want to hear. What he believes and does, is often the opposite.

When folks promote his as being pro-gun, I laugh and shake my head. It is no different than folks claiming Trump was pro-gun or claiming that Rick Scott, Marco Rubio, and Brian Mast are pro-gun. They have their heads in the clouds and don't see the forest for the trees.
joel

Post by joel »

I live in Broward County, and have lived here since July 1977. More than a few years back, we had a sheriff who enjoyed the limelight too. In my opinion, he was a great sheriff, even if he loved the cameras, he kept the streets safe. Reportedly, he might have been a little corrupt too. But, I felt safe with him at the helm of BSO. SHERIFF NICK NAVARO

You might have known him for his appearances on the TV show "COPS" back then.

Back to Polk County... I have 3 daughters, and two of them living in Lakeland for a few years. Whenever my wife and I visited Lakeland, we felt it was a secure place (that's the "Daddy" in me talking who wants his daughters safe. Who cares if they are happy or not, what's important is that they are safe. LOL)

So, let Sheriff Judd soak up the cameras, as long as he is locking up or discouraging the crazies to act crazy in Polk.
Miami_JBT

Post by Miami_JBT »

joel wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:25 am I live in Broward County, and have lived here since July 1977. More than a few years back, we had a sheriff who enjoyed the limelight too. In my opinion, he was a great sheriff, even if he loved the cameras, he kept the streets safe. Reportedly, he might have been a little corrupt too. But, I felt safe with him at the helm of BSO. SHERIFF NICK NAVARO

You might have known him for his appearances on the TV show "COPS" back then.

Back to Polk County... I have 3 daughters, and two of them living in Lakeland for a few years. Whenever my wife and I visited Lakeland, we felt it was a secure place (that's the "Daddy" in me talking who wants his daughters safe. Who cares if they are happy or not, what's important is that they are safe. LOL)

So, let Sheriff Judd soak up the cameras, as long as he is locking up or discouraging the crazies to act crazy in Polk.
Sheriff Navarro also lost a 1st Amendment case for arresting business owners.

In 1989, Florida Governor Bob Martinez ordered state prosecutors to determine whether Miami-area rappers 2 Live Crew's album As Nasty As They Wanna Be violated Florida obscenity laws. Navarro proceeded to arrest local record store owners for selling the album and members of the rap group after a concert. All arrested parties were eventually acquitted. The judge who heard the case reprimanded the sheriff for "the unconstitutional act of prior restraint" because his detectives warned record owners that they might be arrested if they sold the rap album, even though it had not yet been found legally obscene.

I don't support assaults on the Constitution at all.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

George W wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:16 am Judd has never known a camera he didn't love, nor a right he wouldn't trample. His rhetoric makes for great sound bites, but his actions should give great pause.
I thought of this post after watching the video on this news story. You really need the video to fill in the context for the rest of the article, as the text is lacking:

https://www.wfla.com/news/polk-county/l ... uling-her/