Got my flu shot

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Grip Hugger

Got my flu shot

Post by Grip Hugger »

I am older now with some health issues but consider myself healthy for the most part. Because of this I get a flu shot yearly and have been social distancing for years. I also keep a good supply of essentials on hand so when panics start I don't have to run out with the masses and clear the store shelves. The freezer and pantry stay full. No need to rush out and buy a gun or ammo.
What I am saying is I believe in acting not reacting. No panic here.
I have not missed a day of work since the shutdowns and do not plan to. Thank you Lord.
That being said I sure will feel better when I can get a Covid-19 vaccination.
I am sure others will also.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

A little late, eh? I get my Flu shot in December. GARY
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

I'll be happy when I can go to the store and get some triple ply Charmin.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:46 pm A little late, eh? I get my Flu shot in December. GARY
No not late. I get them as soon as they are out. Never felt the desire to talk about it before. I am late for my C-19 shot though! :o :D
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

TonyR wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:38 pm I'll be happy when I can go to the store and get some triple ply Charmin.
I don't only stack ammo deep! Again, well stocked ahead of time! But I will be happy too. Not looking to deplete the inventory.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I always get mine even at my age rather have it Publix always gives you a 5 dollar gift card so I get a sub out of the deal as well.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:22 pm That being said I sure will feel better when I can get a Covid-19 vaccination.
I'm mixed on any potential Covid vaccine. While on the one hand I am old and decreped, and most likely to die from this Chinese tool of economic war they released.

On the other I has a bad experience with the last vaccination I was told I gotta absolutely get last year, the Shingles Vaccine. A few months after I got that Shingles Vaccine, I stated getting double vision. I could not drive without closing one eye. Eye Doc diagnosed it as a virus that attacked one of the eye nerves. Thankfully it went away after about 4 weeks.

Then a few months later, I was attacked by Bells Palsey, with symptoms like I had a stroke, drooling, drooping eyelid, lisp. I was MOST fortunate that with hugely expensive treatment I was able to get rid of it in again about 4 weeks. But that really sucked big time!

Went back to the eye doc for my yearly examine a couple months later, and mentioned I had also experienced a bout of Bells Palsey and he immediately remembered about my other eye nerve problem a few months prior. Then I mentioned the Shingle shot and he raised his eyebrow big time. He did not say anything when I asked if that could cause it. I bet he really did believe it did but just did not want me to go to a lawyer.

So now I am bit conflicted to believe the deep state CDC or FDA Libiturds to take a brand new vaccine with no track record. I am not one of the weirdos that believe that childhood vaccines should not be taken. Those have been out for decades and have a track record.

Just saying...
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

55 years old, never had one. I cannot remember having the flu ever since I was a teenager.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

I have had the flu a few times as an adult and compounded with asthma it ain't good. I have been getting flu shots for several years now and have not had the flu or side effects from the vaccination. Got my two Shingles shots last year, yes it takes two shots two months apart, with no side effects. My wife had shingles and was miserable for a long time. That's when I decided to get mine. From what I understand is that Bell's Palsy is possibly caused by a viral infection but it is unclear as to what all causes it.
Hey to each his own.
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

Yep, looks like now we'll have a yearly FLU season and Covid-19 season. I'm sure that fat POS that rules N Korea and some of our other enemies are hard at work creating new viral infections. Seasonal Flu, covid19 and 2 or 3 new diseases just a little more serious than Corona will destroy our economy and finish us off. Could happen