Shockwave or Tac14?

Over/Unders, Doubles, Pumps, Semis, Home Defense.
Deputydave

Shockwave or Tac14?

Post by Deputydave »

Anyone have one of the shorty shotguns? What's your opinion? Seems like this would make a good truck gun or even a backpack woods carry.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

It would make a first rate snake gun.

If Remington ever gets off their ass and puts the TAC14 Hardwood on the market, I'll probably get one, but the synthetic model doesn't do anything for me.

EDIT: It seems that Grab a gun is claiming to have some. woo hoo!
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Has anyone heard/seen of these running the aguila mini-shells?

I think I vaguely remember seeing some mods to make them reliable in a 500, I'd think it would fit these little guys too?
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

There's a mini-shell adapter for the Mossberg 500/590 series, but not for the Remington 870.

http://www.opsolmini-clip.com/
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
Beck77

Post by Beck77 »

It pains me to say this but I would buy the Mossberg now instead of the Remington. The quality control for Remington is crap, my old 870s from the 50s and 80s are top notch, as is my 1100. I wouldn't buy a current production 870 unless their QC has improved a bunch since I last researched it.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I bought a TAC14 hardwood from GrabaGun three weeks ago, so far so good.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

flcracker wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:40 pm There's a mini-shell adapter for the Mossberg 500/590 series, but not for the Remington 870.

http://www.opsolmini-clip.com/
Beat me to it :D

My Nephew has a Shockwave and has considered getting this adapter to run the mini shells. This SG is designed for up close and personal social work so the mini shells should be quite effective I would imagine. After looking at his it just seems like it would make a good trunk/truck gun.

I have an 870 and a 500 right now. The 500 has a tactical stock with extra shells and a side saddle as well. It's the one I currently keep in the vehicle (POV), although I've been carrying the Kel-Tec Sub 2K lately. The 870 has an ATI top folding stock and is the one I keep for HD. I wasn't aware that Remington QC had gone down? That would suck as the 870 has always been a workhorse.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

I bought a 590 in 410 since the Remington was not available in 410. I am pleased with it so far. Nicer gun than the 500, or seems to be.
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^ How so is it nicer? I've been thinking 20ga.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Louiethelump

Post by Louiethelump »

The 590 uses the larger diameter barrel stock, so the barrel itself ends up with thicker walls. The action appears to be similar and just as complex to take apart compared to the Remington, but it larger than then Mossberg 500 and the barrels do not interchange. I have gotten recoil sensitive and the 20 gauge it too much for me to be able to use without pain.
Fastest contact is louiethelump@yahoo.com