Zenith Z-5RS HK licensed MP5 copy

Pistols of all descriptions.
Skoll

Zenith Z-5RS HK licensed MP5 copy

Post by Skoll »

Don't know where else to put this. Legally it's a pistol, so might as well dump it here.

I got this baby last week for an okay price and it has quickly become my favorite gun that I own. I've shot it three times so far and it's laser accurate and extremely stable. The brace is surprisingly comfortable and recoil is near non existent. I'm kind of kicking myself for not getting into these earlier.

Only downside is that I'm finding HK stuff, even flash hiders, go for extremely retarded prices simply for having HK stamped on it somewhere. I can't find much of a real aftermarket that isn't B&T or HK tax priced. I've shot this thing irons and with the Aimpoint and while I love the irons, I ordered a C-More reflex sight for it because I think it'd be stupid fun with one of those low profile reflexes.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Congrats!!! Very Nice!

I find this new crop of imported HK clones very interesting. I was quite surprised to see the ATF approve import of them with that "verboten" front pin. Looks like they use a shelf that protrudes outward but doesnt wrap around, and some kind of block in the rear to prevent a FA carrier from being inserted.

I'd be curious as to whether thats an acceptable way to build them domestically. If its OK to import, you'd think it be OK to build in that config here right?

Definitely a more authentic layout than the Century , PTR , Speshul Wepunz way of doing it.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Thanks, Norinco!

This is my very first HK or HK copy, so I honestly have no idea about the legalities, or vagaries of it of the front pin or whatnot. I believe MKE's are shipped with some sort of "denial" bar welded into the trigger housing but I don't know enough about these weapons to say for certain. I saw a good deal on it in Miami and jumped on it. Previously, I had only known to avoid anything with Todd Bailey's name attached to it as his exploits are famous even beyond the HK sphere of things. Logically, I would think if it's legal to come into the country, it would be legal to build in the country but I couldn't give you a 100% on that. I'd just go with what momma doesn't know doesn't hurt her. ;)

And yeah, I think only these and POF are built on HK tooling oversaw by HK engineers. Everything else, Omega, Dakota Tactical, Gideon, etc are just kit builders I believe although I have heard Dakota Tactical are the Rifle Dynamics of the MP5 world.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Omega is another TB reincarnation. His brother Wade runs the company. GARY.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

N4KVE wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:36 am Omega is another TB reincarnation. His brother Wade runs the company. GARY.
I heard Omegas are actually fairly good. Maybe his brother just isn't a bullshit artist?
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I have a Zenith Z-5rs that runs like a champ. Amazing little carbine/SBR. Loads of fun to shoot!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I have a B & T stock for that if you ever wanna dump the brace
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I'm probably going to get a Safety Harbor tailhook and give the brace to my friend. Debating if I wanna get the HK SP5 and sell the Zenith.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Skoll wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 pm I'm probably going to get a Safety Harbor tailhook and give the brace to my friend. Debating if I wanna get the HK SP5 and sell the Zenith.
Nyet comrade.

Save up and have both :D
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

NorincoKid wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:10 pm
Skoll wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:27 pm I'm probably going to get a Safety Harbor tailhook and give the brace to my friend. Debating if I wanna get the HK SP5 and sell the Zenith.
Nyet comrade.

Save up and have both :D
That is certainly an option. I think the HK would hold it's value a lot better too.