National African American Gun Assoc.

Anything and Everything dealing with Political issues.
P5 Guy

National African American Gun Assoc.

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/10/73849349 ... =738493491

Oddly or not black females make up the majority of black gun owners.
The left has done a great job convincing blacks all NRA members are racists.
Last edited by P5 Guy on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

LGBTQ is another group with large number of gun owners.
Most Lesbians I know are gun owners.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

This country will never see the end of segregation and racial division.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Chigger wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm This country will never see the end of segregation and racial division.
You're correct. The white apologists and people that think that it's ok to have segregation as long as it is against white folks are a problem. Inclusiveness should go both ways.
SteyrAUG

Post by SteyrAUG »

Chigger wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:28 pm This country will never see the end of segregation and racial division.
I see both sides, if others are constantly seeing you as "black", then I understand why black people might organize along those lines for personal protection.

But it is also true, that as long as they self identify as "black", for whatever reason, they will never truly be free citizens because they will be beholden to the standards and values of the "black community" to some extent.

I don't wake up worried about if I dress, act, talk or walk in a way acceptable to the white community. I'm glad I don't have to choose among a selection of idiots who are deemed "white community leaders."

I'm glad I feel almost no commonality at all with Bill Clinton, Charles Manson or dozens of other scumbags beyond the arbitrary commonality of similar skin pigment.
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.publishersweekly.com/978-0-7679-0030-0

Seeing a fellow black trying to make something of him self his neighbors do and succeed in bringing him down to their level by accusing him of acting white.
Maybe that opinion comes from a slanted view of the authors but...
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Hell of an acronym they have going there. :shock:

One would assume that their members are the only ones who are allowed to call it that.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
RKBA

Post by RKBA »

Having followed these issues since the late 1980's....

I can say I'm a skeptic of these other so-called pro-gun groups. That's putting it lightly. I don't support them in the slightest, and it isn't of the slightest detriment nor hypocrisy to criticize them. As they are not true allies, nor is it even a case of the enemy of my enemy is my friend.

A good example is the John Brown people. These are basically hard-left commies and antifa types.

The entire reason they form, is to promote gun ownership for their own identity groups. NOT for everyone in general. This is a radical departure from our pro-gun movement, which is all-encompassing and is not rooted in any kind of identity based politics.

They, for a myriad of reasons, most of which are political - identify gun owners in general and across the board as being right wing Republicans. And as such, they cannot bring themselves to find common ground on this issue, and instead choose to have their own groups. That's their right.

However, NONE of these groups has ever done squat for the Second Amendment. Their objective is not to preserve the Second Amendment.

In reality, these groups simply serve to exist as awareness tools for followers of their own political ideology. They exist to tell their followers to get armed to defend from "fascists" and "bashers" and other mostly imaginary bad guys. Conceptually, this on the surface seems like a fundamental win for us, as they are admitting a good reason to be armed. But they stop short there.

Over the years people have argued against this view and say, what does it matter what their motivation is - being armed is good for our cause. I couldn't disagree more. Our cause is not about being armed in and of itself. These groups do not share the same understanding and greater view, have very different motives.
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

P5 Guy wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:26 am Oddly or not black females make up the majority of black gun owners.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Geeee... I wonder why that is.... Said no one, ever... :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
mikem

Post by mikem »

serious response:

in general i don't think the greater shooting community has values that align with african americans. as we've discussed here, open racism is accepted and generally white shooters don't extend concepts of freedom, self reliance, and self defense to african americans.

i've personally been in face-to-face spaces and internet spaces where i was made to feel unwelcome -- sometimes explicitly and sometimes because of tacit acceptance of racism.

here's a quote about racism even here:
Skoll wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:18 pm Don't really know what to tell you. Unless the admins/mods (if any have even been appointed yet) step down on it, it's probably going to be a thing that continues here. I'd suggest PMing fsnadmin.
so sometimes these things are hard for us to navigate -- i used to be against the idea of self segregation but sometimes it is the only way to create a space that is safe for us.
please lock/delete this account.