Have you ever calculated what you spend on your car?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
OKIE

Post by OKIE »

For years I've told others it costs at least $5 every time you start the engine. Most responses are my car gets better mileage than that, yea what about payments, parts, gas, insurance, etc etc. At least $5

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Hell, my truck is a friggin bargain compared to my ex-wife but at least I know nobody else is putting miles on my truck while I'm at work...
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

My "daily" driver is a 2006 F-350 crew cab dually with a 6.0 diesel.Luckily I don't drive it daily,but I have to have a truck of that size to pull my 41' trailer in which I live.Neighbor pisses me off,fuck em I'll move.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

It is known as true cost of ownership. A mystery to most it seems.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I might spend 100.00 a month on gas I only drive about 7k a year. So not much

My hummer when I traded it in this year was a 2009 it had only 62k miles on it if that gives you an idea. That was not even a year ago. About 7 months ago. That came out to 6200 miles per year.

It was a 45k vehicle but mine was the only one advertised at 28k. I found it on the lot per the vin number and bought it.

You should have seen the look on the salesman face when I showed him the advertised price of the hummer. He was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. :lol:

I got blue book value when I traded it in.

Heck I was only on my second set of tires when I traded it in. It was kept under cover out of the elements.

Rent saw it and rode in it. It looked and rode like new.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

My Mazda was a daily driver when I was employed since 1996. I was terminated in 2012 and then declared I am RETIRED!
Today my car has not passed 97k miles, it's close only a hundred or so to go.
I average 21-22mpg, never worked more than ten miles from my house.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

Yeah, I tracked all my expenditures on my 1988 C-1500 for the 25 years I owned it. Including the original purchase price, maintenance, gas and insurance costs, the average monthly cost had dropped to $52 by the time I replaced it.

I'm also recording all costs for the replacement truck, but at only 6 years old, it isn't worth calculating, yet.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Rug, my wife is also a bean counter, she's not an accountant but is a book keeper, kinda the same thing only less pay.
That aside, It would seriously depress me to know what my 2 door 2016 Jeep Willys with the aerodynamics of a brick cost me to operate, so I dont go there.
I sometimes wonder if owning and riding a horse for daily transportation would be cheaper and more gratifying?
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

P5 Guy wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:24 am My Mazda was a daily driver when I was employed since 1996. I was terminated in 2012 and then declared I am RETIRED!
Today my car has not passed 97k miles, it's close only a hundred or so to go.
I average 21-22mpg, never worked more than ten miles from my house.
Oh yeah forgot, my fire station I was assigned to was only 2 miles straight down the road from my house. Took me less than five minutes to get there.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS