why not a legal Howdah

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Bugman

why not a legal Howdah

Post by Bugman »

Here's a question
Now that guns that fire shotgun shell are no longer shotguns unless they are shotguns, when can we expect a proper consumer priced production line Howdah to come out?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/stre ... ll-review/

"The Pedersoli Howdah .45/410 has rifled barrels and is thus not subject to NFA restrictions; it is actually more akin to the late 19th century Howdah pistols made famous by Holland & Holland and James Purdey & Sons, Ltd., among others."
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I'd like to see a .62 caliber inline percussion black powder rifled barrel version with interchangeable breech plugs that could also accept 20 gauge black powder shotgun shells. But that might get someone in trouble🤔😏.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

you can cry if you want too......lol...Original Ithaca Auto & Burglar
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

usuk.

Ever looked into centerfire inserts? ;)
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
revelation

Post by revelation »

This would suit me just fine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - George Orwell
lilwoody

Post by lilwoody »

funny I just ran across this looking for a A5 Browning on GB
https://americanguncraft.com/products/? ... gdpr=false
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Bugman wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:09 pm Here's a question
Now that guns that fire shotgun shell are no longer shotguns unless they are shotguns, when can we expect a proper consumer priced production line Howdah to come out?
Those pistol gripped "no longer shotguns" still have to have an OAL greater than 26" to avoid being classified as an AOW.

Any smoothbore handgun, regardless of caliber, is also considered an AOW.

Any handgun or rifle with a bore diameter greater than .50" is considered a Destructive Device unless it is given a sporting exemption....

Taurus tried with their 28ga revolver, but it didn't pass muster.....even with shallow-rifled barrels.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

anyone know where the name Howdah came from....don't gooogle it
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

rentprop1 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:47 am anyone know where the name Howdah came from....don't gooogle it
I know the answer but I kinda cheated, even if it was before you asked. The link posted by lilwoody has a link to a 30 min. Hickock45 video about loading & shooting his Pedersoli replica & he mentions the origins etc. Here's a link to the Pedersoli page which is pretty cool but doesn't give away the answer... https://www.davide-pedersoli.com/scheda ... unter.html

Wish I had one, looks like a lot of fun.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell