Scot Peterson arrested for inaction at Parkland

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

Slartibartfast wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:09 pm hopefully the thought of prison and losing his $8400 a month
pension will push him over the edge
$8400 a month pension ??
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I don't see this going anywhere because like others said, USSC already said they don't have a duty to protect.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

What is scary is that if this is allowed to stand it will create an entire new standard nationwide. Will police now be required to jump into lakes, canals etc to save drowning persons? Can anyone prove a POSSIBLE outcome beyond a reasonable doubt? Can anyone prove there would have been a different outcome? There is a lot of wishful thinking and a lot of anger but that doesn't make a good criminal case.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

If you’re afraid to involve yourself in a dangerous situation, maybe you should look into a different line of work. At a minimum, his $2000 a week pension should be forfeited. GARY.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Cubanstang hit it right on the head. Gary, the only time the state takes away a pension is for “[a]ny public officer or employee who is convicted of a felony involving a breach of public trust shall be subject to forfeiture of rights and privileges under a public retirement system or pension plan in such manner as may be provided by law.” While Peterson is a turd bucket, and we FEEL that he violated the trust of the citizens, I doube that 1) he'll be convicted of a felony, and 2) they can clarify the violation of public trust on the same level as embezzling or fraud. With that said, could they rule to take it away anyway? I'd think so.
rug357

Post by rug357 »

I wonder what would have happened if he ran into the school with his pistol drawn and it was just firecrackers going off that some dumb kid set off...and what if he fired his pistol and shot a kid who was goofing off with firecrackers thinking it was a weapon?
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

His booking photo would have appeared alot sooner, is what would have happened.
photohause

Post by photohause »

They want someone to hang for this. This is a public hanging.
Then go after Scott Israel...
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

Go after Cruz, the school board and his therapist. And throw in obama's bill about not arresting or expelling disruptive students because, God forbid they have a record before they get their sorry arses out of high school.
Everyone knew of this kid. Hell, people called the FBI about him.

Peterson is/was a cop who didn't have it in him, either ever, or at this point in his life. If you want to hang someone, hang Cruz.
Peterson was already dreaming about his lake house in the mountains, then his world as he knew it, ended.
I could hear him saying: Dear Lord, not today, not for the next four months, but certainly, not today.

Believe it or not, there's firefighters who won't run into a burning building. Probably Doctors who lose it at the sight of blood.