Favorite Youtube channels?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wakko

Favorite Youtube channels?

Post by Wakko »

Over the years I have found some either entertaining or informational YouTube channels and wished I'd found them earlier. Naturally, interests vary, but I've compiled a short list of channels that I have subscribed to:

Project Farm
This guy is not sponsored by anyone, and does his own semi-scientific product tests and random "What if..?" tests. I REALLY like his comparisons with wall anchors, oils and adhesives.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2rzsm ... -wuOg_p0Ng

Ron Pratt
To call this guy a tow truck driver would be like calling Usain Bolt a runner. I never thought I'd be fascinated by vehicle/equipment recovery and towing, but I am. His attitude and skill are very interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TowmaterEthan

vehcor
Guy buys wrecked vehicles and fixes them. While there are alot of Youtubers that do things like this, I prefer this guy because of his skill level, descriptive and well-shot videos, and his occasional dry humor. He's done a couple of Silverados lately, which I found interesting because I got to see how they were put together.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMgk1R ... EhQWRYkVIA

54Garage
This video is Russian and dubbed in English. Another guy that does random crap to cars for the heck of it, usually Lada brand cars. Not so educational as interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCydCO ... nkRaLCTsAQ

Roadkill
This show is now paid content on Motor Trend's site, but there are tons of episodes for free still on the 'tube. Finnegan has his own channel now, Finnegan's Garage, which is good. If you're a gear head, you gotta watch RK.

What do YOU guys favorite on video sites? (No, not the naughty ones).
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

I watch Project Farm. Good stuff.
Lately I have fascinated in watching Russian driving skills. So I watch John Connor a lot :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzaxGQ ... 7-4ocoKtNA
I am learning Russian, starting with the curse words (I think in Russian they are the most important to get down).

I also like this guys channel, Bald and Bankrupt: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxDZs_ ... FDHT6kmoXA
He visits mostly former Soviet states, but really give a great view of life there.

Also, Louis Rossman: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl2mFZ ... Lax4Yisf6w
He fixes Mac Laptop Computers, and I find it just fascinating.

Finally Colin Furze, he is always doing wild stuff:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp68_F ... n9QU6phsgw

Also, a business in Dallas that has cars towed from their lot. Don't know why, but I got hooked on it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLjrM ... MNZjjSRjQw
Casual

Post by Casual »

AvE
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Casual wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 7:54 amAvE
Skookum as frig!

Also the lock picking lawyer and Bosnian bill channels.
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

New Retrowave
NewRetroWave is a network dedicated to promoting the BEST in the emerging Retrowave scene. For those who are not familiar, Retrowave is a growing culture that harnesses and creates many aspects, inspirations and feelings from 80's and 90's music, art and film for today's generation. It is a rebirth of the passion we have lost during those retro days. Since it's EST. in Nov 2011, NewRetroWave has grown and evolved into a prominent musical hub and online presence where the Retrowave scene is given its due exposure. You are all about to embark on a journey into new retro sounds that will change your lives forever!
Cap and Ball
Well this is my channel and these are my impressions about shooting old and repro blackpowder and cartridge guns. You will find target shooting, hunting, reloading and military history related videos here starring pre 1945 firearms. Since I was a little child I knew I want to be a history teacher. In fact I graduated as one. Later I studied military sciences on university level, and now I am doing my phd in firearms history while I teach military history at the university. That's my life, my hobby. I hope you'll enjoy my videos as much I enjoyed making them. Greetings form Hungary, the land of good wines and beautiful women. Oh yes, and please forgive my Hunglish. ;)
King of Random
We make videos dedicated to exploring life through all kinds of life hacks, experiments, and random weekend projects. There is excitement found in discovering the unknown, so join us and let’s build something great together.
Active Self Protection
Every single day we post a real defensive encounter caught on camera and perform an after-action report on it for lessons learned. We educate the public on what we see that works and what we see that doesn't in real robberies, muggings, carjackings, and other defensive situations. Our approach is evidence-based, meaning we try hard not to have a pre-set dogma but to go where the actual evidence leads towards more positive outcomes for good people. Active Self Protection trains people in armed and unarmed self-defense. Our motto: cover your ASP! (that means your Attitude, Skills, and Plan)
Cinemassacre
Description
Cinemassacre Productions! Bringing you many different gaming related web series including: Angry Video Game Nerd, James & Mike Mondays and more!
These are my most watched youtube channels, the rest are mostly just music channels for different genres or documentaries.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
jaytwillerham

Post by jaytwillerham »

I fail to understand the attraction of anything to do with Russia.
My grandfather was an immigrant from Russia.
The only thing he had to say about it was that is was a good place to be from.
I once asked him if he had any motivation to go back and visit one day.
He looked at me as if I had lost my mind.
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

I don't have many specific "favorite" channels, but I do have some "trends" that I'll follow. I sorta go with the flow and have a look at what YouTube "suggests" I should watch. Some of it turns out to be quite entertaining. Anything that helps me understand how society behaves in general, especially "on-line," is entertaining.

For example, by whatever means, I ended up watching several videos on "International Adoptions..." and Adoptions from China, in particular. I guess due to the "one child" policy (which I understand has now been relaxed), most of the International adoption activity was from China and for girls. What was interesting was in seeing how many people would permit their journey to be published on YouTube. I could see filming it for the child, later on, but published on YouTube? I guess it was "marketing" for the International Adoption agency. But what kept me watching was what I call "Conversion." It happens on "Gotcha Day..." the day the adopting couple meets the child, live, for the first time, and takes physical custody of them. it's often the happiest day for adopters, but the most traumatic day for the adoptee. The children are usually very scared, confused, and wonder what's actually going on. Many if not most will burst into tears and not want anything to do with their new parents. From that point, the mission of the parents is to "convert" the child... to get them to relax, to accept them, and to "smile..." and let their true personalities come out. And it's not easy because the Chinese nannies are still there, trying to calm the child as well. In many cases, there are, maybe, as many as 10-15 other couples in the same office doing the same thing, and it's all a ball of confusion.... a bunch of screaming kids. Anyway, it can take as long as a whole day to "convert" the child. I guess I like seeing how the adoptive parents do it and how long it takes. Oddly enough, the day *after* "Gotcha Day" is "Final adoption day," when the adoption becomes final/official. Then they go through some other things... One of them confounds me... They go back to the orphanage for the parents to see it and to film it (I guess to show the child later). I would have thought they could do that right on Gotcha Day. To go back, right after the child just "converted" and accepted the adoptive parents would seem dangerous to me.... the child might suffer a "relapse" thnking, "Oh NO. They're bringing me back here!!!" Seems, weird, though.... But enough of this.

If I had to pick a particular channel, I'd pick the "Fine Brothers" channels... Namely

React - a channel where various people of diverse ages and ethnicities react to certain Internet trends and things.

FBE The original channel where they split up the age groups

What I discovered is that while there is, certainly, age and ethnic diversity among the reactors on these channels, there is not much "geo/political" diversity. Most of the reactors are "California Liberals." Either that, or they aren't being allowed to "express themselves" accordingly. Still, it's fun watching them and what they do.

These led me to other "individual" reactors that have their own channels. They do "Reaction" Videos of various things. Some of them have quite a following. For example, at the premiere of the recent "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie, many young YouTubers had never seen the original Queen Video of BR. So many did "reaction videos" to that original video. Here's one.

[youtube]npn027raQBo[/youtube]

Another thing is reacting to various foreign cultural things.... In this case, "Japanese Commercials" which can get kinda wacky. But one series of commercials went "viral" in the YouTube "reactor" community - The Sakeru Gum series of 11 commercials broadcast over time in 2018 in Japan, went viral on YouTube. The product being advertised was "Sakeru Gum" a sort of "bubble gum" tape. It could be purchased in a bag of short bits, wrapped individually, or in one long strip of the same length as all the bits put together. But how they marketed it was genius and hilarious at the same time, although it probably would have failed in the USA as the "innuendo" built in to the series would not be "acceptable" by today's US Standards & Practices.

I'll show you the original set of 11 commercials, here, with English subtitles. NSFW in the USA. And then I'll list some "reaction" videos to it later.

[youtube]sZsJyCyGBSI[/youtube]

And the "React Channel" reaction to it -

[youtube]8rry2jde8j0[/youtube]

Other Reaction Videos to Sakeru Gummy...

Anyway, that's what I'm watching.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

[youtube]VoBFXRKiTYw[/youtube]
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Those Sakeru Gum commercials were fucking hilarious. :lol:
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

jaytwillerham wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 9:28 am I fail to understand the attraction of anything to do with Russia.
My grandfather was an immigrant from Russia.
The only thing he had to say about it was that is was a good place to be from.
I once asked him if he had any motivation to go back and visit one day.
He looked at me as if I had lost my mind.
You haven't seen their driving videos. NOBODY has crashes like the Russians. Just watch the videos, and you will just keep saying, "Vodka, only vodka could explain that driving."

No for cursing, the British have the best driving videos for that.