Question about toll booth cameras.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
photohause

Post by photohause »

Your friend of a friend of a friend needs to speak to an attorney, if he's on the level.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

The cameras do not record "video", just timed snapshots as the vehicles pass. If the vehicle has a transponder, I do not think the pics are saved. The cams catch vehicles without transponders, or those with zero balance.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
photohause

Post by photohause »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:40 am The cameras do not record "video", just timed snapshots as the vehicles pass. If the vehicle has a transponder, I do not think the pics are saved. The cams catch vehicles without transponders, or those with zero balance.
^^^I think his friend of a friend of a friend has zero balance
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Xeeoneyx

Post by Xeeoneyx »

While the cameras that you are talking about may only take photos, I guarantee you that there are other cameras on property that recorded the event.

The police will not request any camera footage unless there is a fatality or something similar.

You will need to hire an attorney and have them get the video pulled. I would do it quickly before the video is deleted/overwritten.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Xeeoneyx wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:34 am While the cameras that you are talking about may only take photos, I guarantee you that there are other cameras on property that recorded the event.

The police will not request any camera footage unless there is a fatality or something similar.

You will need to hire an attorney and have them get the video pulled. I would do it quickly before the video is deleted/overwritten.

can't you file a FOIA request for them ?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Xeeoneyx

Post by Xeeoneyx »

I don't know. I'm just repeating what a cop told me last year when I was rear ended, in front of a camera, on I-4.
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

They do record video, I have personally watched it.
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Thanks guys.
The info I gave was all I know.

But I do have experience with those cameras, and like I said they see everything in the pics. But they also have video camera domes on light poles literally everywhere on the vet, so I assume the same for the crosstown. Don't know for sure though.

I'll tell my friend to tell his other friend he needs a lawyer and now, so he might have a chance at getting video. Cuz if he is telling the truth the video would exonerate(Is that the right word) him. If not that criminal ticket might F him in the A, and so might his cell mates.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Flashooter22 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:03 pm They do record video, I have personally watched it.
The license plate cams do not record 24/7. The storage for saving that video would be astronomical. There may be other cams at the toll booths that are recording, but the cams that snap your plates do not record (other than snippets for violators).
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Whoutink wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:12 pm Thanks guys.
The info I gave was all I know.

But I do have experience with those cameras, and like I said they see everything in the pics. But they also have video camera domes on light poles literally everywhere on the vet, so I assume the same for the crosstown. Don't know for sure though.

I'll tell my friend to tell his other friend he needs a lawyer and now, so he might have a chance at getting video. Cuz if he is telling the truth the video would exonerate(Is that the right word) him. If not that criminal ticket might F him in the A, and so might his cell mates.
The traffic cams on the freeway & turnpike also do not record. They are for monitoring traffic.