Anyone carry pepper spray in their cars? Just 'cause

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

TC6969 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:25 pm Mines been banging around in my truck for 4 years without exploding.

Maybe I need to test it again.

It might not even work.
I'd definitely test it. The contents don't go bad but the O-ring will give out eventually and leak out the propellant. Their inexpensive enough to replace annually. Sabre is a good brand. I use the 3-in1 with OC, CS and dye.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Deputydave wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:02 pm Having a non-lethal option is a good option. Just be careful leaving a can of OC spray in the vehicle during the summer. I had a can burst an O-ring once. It was contained in the center console but still made a mess.
Damn, I hope that won't happen.
Fortunately, at work I park in the shade, but not at home.
I am using the Saber, with the OC, CS, and dye.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I just tested mine and it works just like the day I bought it.

I noticed that the expiration date is 1/21.

I thought I read on Amazon that expiration was 4 years and I know I've had it in the truck for at least three.

I saw a small drop below the nozzle and gave it a sniff.

I could feel my lungs trying to seize up for a split second!

I dont ever want a full shot in the face!
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

Dr. Dickie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:57 pm
Deputydave wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:02 pm Having a non-lethal option is a good option. Just be careful leaving a can of OC spray in the vehicle during the summer. I had a can burst an O-ring once. It was contained in the center console but still made a mess.
Damn, I hope that won't happen.
Fortunately, at work I park in the shade, but not at home.
I am using the Saber, with the OC, CS, and dye.
That's what I have. And note, I'm not saying it will happen, but it could and does happen. Heat is hard on things, O-rings are no exception. I was standing next to a Deputy when the O-ring gave out on the OC spray on his duty belt. The smell of OC was everywhere. Just a fluke, but it just happens occasionally.
Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

TC6969 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:06 pm I just tested mine and it works just like the day I bought it.

I noticed that the expiration date is 1/21.

I thought I read on Amazon that expiration was 4 years and I know I've had it in the truck for at least three.

I saw a small drop below the nozzle and gave it a sniff.

I could feel my lungs trying to seize up for a split second!

I dont ever want a full shot in the face!
Yep, it sucks! Like I mentioned above, the contents don't really expire. That date is for the O-ring giving out and the propellant leaking so there is no pressure to spray out the OC. I had an OC that was like 15+ years old that sprayed just fine and was still potent. It was a large fogger type unit.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I need too check mine. It's expired and been in my truck door for a while. I'll get my wife to come outside tomorrow. I just need to make sure I have a ahead start. She's fast :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

I keep a can of Freeze + P (aka; Black Jesus) in the truck just for restless native uprisings.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Hey Chris!

Still want my hot peanut recipe? :lol:
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

TC6969 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:21 am Hey Chris!

Still want my hot peanut recipe? :lol:
You ever go shoot at gun craft. Did you know Ben Jones and Albry. You know Dave.

Allie and Chris which aren't there anymore. Do you sell those peanuts or is that a joke. :P

I live just down from you in Ruskin. I've worked at the Rescue station there in Wimauma. Was stationed at 28 and 17 in Sun City and Ruskin. Heck I was assigned to South County.

My buddy is a Mormon and his church owns a ton of farm land in the area. They let us hunt hog on it. I guess during deer season we can hunt them too.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I make the best hot roasted peanuts in the world and Osprey21 (AKA Chris) is one of my
biggest fans.