Adams arms 4 sale

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
cvo

Adams arms 4 sale

Post by cvo »

rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I guess no one bought into the piston AR craze :roll:
cvo

Post by cvo »

Place looks dead to me. Plus why would you auction off the business?
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:32 am I guess no one bought into the piston AR craze :roll:
Yeah, that was me. I got one for a carbine and one for a pistol. They worked great for me! I hope I never need parts! :roll:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I love piston kits. I put them pretty much on every AR I build. Adams was one of the best since the built they under the rail adjustable gas blocks. IMO

I've built a .277 WOLVERINE, actually 2 of them. 1 with a 1/7 twist 12.5 inch barrel for subs and supers and an 18 inch with a 1/11 twist for supers ONLY. Putting piston kits in them also.

Love the .277 Wolverine 90 to 95 % of the 6.8 spc in the 80 to 110 grain bullets power and velocity. With only a barrel change. Plus I can use 5.56 brass not that expensive 6.8 brass.

Less powder, cheap or free brass and sub from 130 up

MDWS.COM has all the parts plus you can even buy brass by Hornady and Starline for it. Also ammo to from one supplier using 90 grain Gold Dot ammo.

It does everything a 300 blkout can do and better. I have a 300 blkout also and like it to. But believe it or not. I can get better sub bullets for the .277 WOLVERINE cheaper to reload. The solid copper ones at MDWS.COM when they run the 25% to 30% off specials.

Oh yeah less recoil than the 6.8 spc. Did I mention you use the same bolt, mags, everything as 5.56. No special mags. Just swap out the barrel. Match grade stainless steel McGowan I believe. But others make them also.

With an ADAMS ARMS kit. It just runs cleaner. My LWRC SIX8 also has a piston system in it.
My main reason is it just runs cleaner. I'm not going to say it makes the weapon better or this or that. Very very very seldom have I ever had a DI weapon jam.

But man do I HATE CLEANING A DI AR OR ANY DI WEAPON. They get dirty as hell especially suppressed. Heck even a piston weapon will get dirty suppressed.

But alot of guys I run with use piston weapons and we've shot them where you've had to wear gloves to hold the fore end because they were hot enough to litterally burn you. On registered full auto lowers.

On a mission once with a CAR 15 DI weapon with regular 2 pcs handguards. My team ran into a dark room and there was not enough ambient light to allow the nvgs work, plus we were moving fast, and we did not turn on the ir lights.

Anyway there was no floor, just rafters or ceiling beams depending on how you look at, it was on the 2nd story. Fortunately there was a wood ceiling on the bottom of the rafters for the first floor.

We busted our butts, all 5 of us. But those 2 pcs HG came off the CAR 15 because I dropped it.
But I could not see that. So when I found and grabbed the weapon. I grabbed it by the barrel and gas tube.

I still have a real light scar on palm. Hot was an understatement. I never did that again. After that I always put duct tape around the handguards to keep that from happening again. :lol:

A lot more heat is transferred into the weapon with DI
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS