Lakeland Gun Show

5532JWK

Lakeland Gun Show

Post by 5532JWK »

I see the upcoming Lakeland Gun Show sponsored by the Club is scheduled for Jan 19th and 20th. Does anyone know how many tables they usually fill at this new location? I will be in the area and just wanted to know if it is worth stopping by.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Unless its changed in the last few years, it was always a pretty good show.

Its completely different from the Shoot Straight show with a lot of display stuff and older guns.
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

I always found it to be more of a "let me show off my collection and hang with my buddies" show than a place to go and buy anything. No one lets you handle their wares, nothing had prices listed(reality check, "make me a fair offer" is not a price) and there always seems to be something else stupid at the Lakeland Center at the same time(it's always great to walk around with a slung rifle next to a group of middle school cheerleaders & their parents). Plus the price of parking is stupid there.

I haven't been in a 2 years, don't plan on ever going back. I think people remember the way this show was 10+ years ago with actual surplus guns selling at surplus gun prices before the Obama panics gave everyone there inflated egos and too much pride of ownership.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

If it's at Sun_N-Fun again, I'm gonna pass.....

Not only was it substantially smaller (less tables / venue size) than the Civic Center shows, it was the most packed, claustrophobic event I've ever been to.....throw in a few mobility scooters and people bringing their dogs (on leashes), and it was about more than I felt like dealing with
Last edited by Villafuego on Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
indy1919a4

Post by indy1919a4 »

Ouch you can learn alot about a person from how they write about things..

The show is about 300+ tables, Parking is free.. Each show is different, so you never know what it will be like. Will say that the Fun 'n Sun venue
has alot of display aircraft eye candy that you can view for free. The old venue was more comfortable, but the parking was not free.

Will agree that the prices tend to be higher. But that can be expected from a show that bills itself more a collector show. Its is more older guns then newer. I will say because the prices tend to be higher with so many dealers. The walk in guys usually want top dollar for their guns. But that is all part of the game.

http://lakelandgunshow.com/
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

Villafuego wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:27 pm.....Not only was it substantially smaller (less tables / venue size) than the Civic Center shows, it was the most packed, claustrophobic event I've ever been to.....throw in a few mobility scooters and people bringing their dogs (on leashes), and it was about more than I felt like dealing with
Yes, 3 foot wide aisles for 4 foot wide asses. I bumped an autistic kid's backpack trying to get past and he about shot off like a rocket. But I sold 2 guns for a 1 day gain of $350 and that ain't happening at the traveling Shoot Straight Store. Nothing to sell this trip but I'll go. No better way to celebrate MLK 3 day weekend. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

indy1919a4 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pm Ouch you can learn alot about a person from how they write about things..

Was there anything I said that wasn't true about the Fun_N_Sun Venue? Were there not substantially fewer tables, narrower isles, and a general "sardines in a can" feel?

It's still the best show around........the cost of parking has never been an issue with me at any show that's worth driving to....
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Villafuego wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:31 pm
indy1919a4 wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:51 pm Ouch you can learn alot about a person from how they write about things..

Was there anything I said that wasn't true about the Fun_N_Sun Venue? Were there not substantially fewer tables, narrower isles, and a general "sardines in a can" feel?

It's still the best show around........the cost of parking has never been an issue with me at any show that's worth driving to....
I went to the first one they held there and yes, it was tight quarters. During that show, I overheard several vendors, and some LRPC members, say next time (which would be THIS show) they were planning to either use a larger facility there or expand to two adjacent buildings. Either way, it's still a much better show than anything else going on within my perimeter, and I always enjoy it.
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

The only one I ever attend.
If I want to buy some new Glock or what not I don’t need to go to a show.
This one has s little bit of everything.
I do hope the aisles are wider this time!
joker223

Post by joker223 »

I'm going to try and get to this one. The last one was crowded for sure, but it was the best show I'd been to in a while (which isn't hard to do)